• Those are really clear photos of Box Tree Moth cats about to get well and truly stuck into munching
  • Sorry about the late reply. Thanks for the compliment on the clarity. The box tree Catterpillers were on a bush and they were quiet visible which made it easy to  get some clear photos of them. They Were well camaflauged though so you wouldn’t of known they were there unless you looked Closely.  I forgot to add a film I did of one of them. It’s only a short one though. It looks like its trying to get to the other leaf to munch.

• Interestingly its an introduced Species and isn’t native to the UK. There was lots of them on the bush. Since there was lots of them I think I might see lots of Box tree Moths in my local area if they do successfully turn into Box Tree Moths. 

• It's an invasive Alien species and a significant pest - at the moment not much seems to eat them. It is an attractive moth
  • If I manage to get any photos of the Moths next month il send them on Butterflys and Moths. iv never seen one before so even though it’s been introduced and is an invasive species it will still be interesting to see one of them. But I think the transformation of Caterpiller to Butterfly or moth in Butterflys and Moths is very interesting
  • They were only on that one bush. and it’s just outside a old tree that has a fence around it. I didn’t even know they were there. I’ve taken photos of  caterpillars before since I had Cabbage whites in the garden cause I had a food plant called nasturtium but I think these close ups are probably my favourite out of all the photos That Iv taken of Catterpillers before.

• The Box Tree Moth Catterpillers have  ate almost everything and disappeared but One of them successfully turned into the Box Tree Moth there 

https://butterfly-conservation.org/moths/box-tree-moth

• Is it not the Box Tree Caterpillar that the commercial gardens spray against... think I saw a programme on Kew Gardens and during lockdown they took advantage of no customers and sprayed nasty stuff... a very rare occurrence for them by all accounts
  • I don’t know if only one succeeded as a Catterpillar but One of the Box tree Moths decided to visit my garden even though Theres no box Trees cause it wanted to rest in my Wildflower border