Photographers vests/ gilets

Hi wildlife snappers :)

Do any of you use vests and have you any comments or favourites, or do you use a camera bag?

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Hi S,

I have a centon camera bag with plenty of room in It but not at all bulky, that I am happy to sling over my neck,my camera Is quite light and I don't carry any lenses at the moment.

• Hi S.

I do use a Fotima bag but have to admit that this summer my camera spent most of the time tucked inside my waterproof. That with the bins I must look a real strange shape walking along.....

Robert

• I've spent all my money on camera + lens so don't have a proper camera bag yet! I tend to wrap everything up in thick jumpers and put it in a big rucksack. If Mr aiki and I are driving straight to wherever we're birding, I might just put my bins plus camera + lens around my neck as we set off (as I'm not the one who does the driving!). Spare battery, lens cap, memory card etc go in a pocket or in the rucksack. I do like the look of some of those gilets though, and they also look useful for art materials if you're a sketcher.

• I have a great wee day sack that has plenty padding and waterproof . also has a rain gard thing that  slips over the day sack .. that bit is also darn handy to sit on if the ground is damp. It carrys everything I need for a day out . Scope Bins  Cameras sarnies coffee Tripod tied to the outside still room for my wet weather gear too and  my note books and bird guide ye hardly know its on yer back  Just the very job caues all my travel is by bus to where im birding!. real good buy for £20

I also wear my  Combat jacket Plenty room init and the pockets can easy hold a loaf of bread for the ducks and swans when I wanna get some close up shots of them. Darn handy jacket  always warm and dry in that thing and have slept in it a few times too !!.

Cheers

AL

If its no fun Yer no doin it right!

• Anonymous
    0 Anonymous 19/09/2010 17:31 in reply to AL

Hi Seymours

I have a camera bag but one to fit the camera, and not any bigger. It is good for many reasons other the obvious one.  If I am on my own with the camera it is good to hide the camera so it is close-by at times rather than have it around my neck all of the time.

We also have a designer bag for the scope to keep it dry, and clean.  We bought it for about £55 pound from the Bird Fair this year.

We use a plain backpack for our tripod, scope and optics.  The rucksack was bought especially for the optics - it was just the right size and at half price in a sale not bad going.

.......of course and the thermals for the bird hides ......need I say more!

Regards

Kathy and Dave