Wildlife Photography

Hi 

I'm Cari and new to the discussion area here. I live in an amazing area in the Scottish countryside and as someone who moved from California to Aberdeenshire, Scotland, I've used my passion for photography to distract me everything from homesickness to having to give up work to care for our dog who became blind about four years before we lost him about a year ago. 

I'd like to share photos, maybe post photos to get help in identification as much of the wildlife, especially birds, are quite different from Los Angeles. Can't tell you how often I've mistakenly identified one finch for another :) 

Just unsure if there's a photo area. I love to look at photos, ask questions, and identify unknown birds in my garden. 

Very grateful

Cari 

• Hi Cari, welcome from another Scottsh person in Catihness, up at the very top of Scotland. Nice part of the country Aberdeen- shire and surrounding countryside. As Alan says we are a very relaxed group and there will always be someone around to help out. It is always nice to read and see what others have in their own gardens, area and holiday snaps. Hope you enjoy here.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Carrie, just to say that your private email is showing in your profile, you may want to delete that, so as not to be pestered with unwanted emails. Just go into your details by clicking on your picture, top right, then profile, you should be able to delete it. It will show when you go into settings, but that is for RSPB to contact you, it is not for public use and only you will see it in your settings, no one else will. Just trying to help.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Hello Cari and a warm welcome from me too (in Cheshire). As Alan and Catlady have mentioned, this is a very informal and friendly group of community users so feel free to add your photos, tell us your wildlife stories or ask any questions if you get stuck - we don't bite on here unlike some other group sites who can bark or smack you over the head for posting in the wrong place ha ha !! Welcome once again and I 0look forward to your bird sightings. You must have seen some lovely species of birds when you were living in USA that we could only dream of seeing.

Regards, Hazel 

• Hey Cari, from Dorset. I generally post a load of drivel, and haven't been shouted at once, so feel free to join the party :o) Looking forward to your posts
  • Hi Cari, Welcome to the community from me on the Surrey Hampshire border. Lucky you to live in such a beautiful and secluded spot! I've don't know if you've noticed but I've sent you a Friend Request.

Kind regards, Ann