2 questions-Why is the blue tit acting this way and what could this bird be?

can anyone help I’ve had this blue tit show an interest in my bird box since December they used to sleep at the bottom but the last few weeks it’s started coming in, going back up to the hole and then flying above the camera. There isn’t an edge that they could be on, so it’ll only be resting on the camera but I haven’t been able to find what it causing this behaviour or anyone else with the same issue. The bird has the same routine, will go out about 6-7am then return between 3-4pm daily. 

The last couple of days there has been an interest in the bird box by another bird poking its head in a couple of times a day. Again I can’t work out what this bird is, it doesn’t come in fully only pokes its head in but the beak is quite large compared to a blue tit. Can anyone identify this bird or know what this means? 

Thank you in advance Blush

• Hi Paris, welcome to the forum ... has it been particularly cold in the last few weeks where you are?  Blue tit may be on the camera for the warmth?  Regarding your pic of the bird poking in, cannot make out what type it is, do you have any clearer pic of it?  Can only think of a Starling with that length of beak!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Hi Wendy, thank you so much. 
    Yes the weather has definitely taken a turn and is a lot colder in the evenings. Ah we did wonder that but before we didn’t have anything in the bird box for a while we turned the light off so we wasn’t sure if that much heat would be coming from it. 
    Oh interesting! No unfortunately I don’t that’s the clearest photo I have, I’ll keep a watch and if i am able to get a clearer one I will post. 
    Thank you for responding Blush