Is this a Mink?

Had me trail cameras out this week and found what I think is a Mink? Video is too large to upload but took this screen shot from it. Pretty sure it is but could do with some advice.

Also, if it is, do you need to report then to any Trust or Gov Dept etc. I'm aware that they can do quite a lot of damage to the rest of out native animals?

Thanks

• Yep, it's a mink.  This subject has been touched upon in this forum (+) mink - Wildlife questions - Wildlife - The RSPB Community

You could try a wildlife group. They may not be able to do much, unfortunately. A professional pest eradicator is required to capture and dispose of the Mink. The last time I reported mink sightings to my local wildlife group, they said it costs £3000 to hire one of these eradicators - too deep for their pockets.  If there were, say, half a dozen mink, then it would be worth their while.

90% luck, 5% field craft, 5% camera skills.

• Thanks Angus M,

Yes I thought as much.

£3000 per Mink, I'm retraining!!

Thanks for the link. I'll have a read. I'll probably report it and let others decide. It sounds more encouraging that Otters are spearding well now. The picture is a river bank, very secluded and over-grown probably perferct for otters.

I found some unusual droppings when collecting my cameras, also next to what looks like an obvious wildlife thoroughfare. I'm going to reset one of the cameras at this thoroughfare and see who is about.

I'll photograph the droppings and post. I have a feeling that it could be from the Mink but I'll let those who know decide.

Thanks again, appreciated.