There were a few birds on my walk yesterday that I couldn't identify...

I went for a walk yesterday morning and saw 3 birds that I wasn't sure what they were.

One of them I thought was the usual kestrel that I see in the area, but looking at the photo later I realised it wasn't a kestrel. Is it a female sparrowhawk?

Then I saw a yellow bird (hanging out with 2 goldfinches) and I always struggle to identify some of the yellow ones!

And finally, there was this bird that I thought looked like a robin sort of size and shape, but entirely black or dark grey?

• Hi Mike, my eyes are rubbish.... could you edit your post, and where you get the size option in the drop down boxes for the photos change to 800 in the first and 0 in the 2nd...they'll come out bigger.
    Top one looks orangey to me (could just be the light) so Stonechat? If not orangey, Dunnock? (similar size, same pointy bill, generally greys and streaked browns)
    Middle one could be a Yellowhammer
    I'm not good enough with birds of prey to say.
    Location pics were taken might help too :o)
  • Location will defiantly help. Im good at identifying birds of prey so I can help. But The photo is small which is makes it more difficult than if it were closer and could see more details. It does have some details on it which is better than none. cause it’s not very close I zoomed in. When I zoomed in its looked like its might be  a Sparrowhawk. But Weather its male or a female is a hard one and it can be difficult without much details to go by. I can’t say which gender yet since i don’t have much infomation. But Some details that you saw yourself aswell as where you took the photo when you saw it might help.

• Top one looks liek a stonechat, middle one a yellowhammer and bottom one a sparrowhawk
  • Hi

top one looks good for Dunnock
    Next one defeats even photoshop
    last one is a Sparrowhawk

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box