Only by listening, like a squeaky wheel

• Agree rspbailey but it is like music everyones take on a sound is different. We have found this often when taking groups out birding you could end up with half a dozen descriptions of the same noise,just like the forum lol

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• In reply to Seaman:

Ha ha - well this forum does make a lot of strange noises sometimes

• Morning mysteries,
    Does your "squeak" rise, or fall?

Dave
  • Blooming heck Dave have we got tidal squeaks now?

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• In reply to Seaman:

Wendy S said:
    tidal squeaks

Well, I read "internet thinks". And that scared the hell our of me, perhaps because I'm currently revisiting the collected works of Alfred Bester and am most of the way through The Computer Connection.

Didn't seem to phase you lot though.  :-)

I was thinking of that monosyllabic, repetitive, tired, sometimes slightly falling whistle that we all know. But only if the habitat's right (ours have already visited the garden following the first frosts). Sitting around. Not doing much. Whistling. Waiting for the plum trees to bud. The way they do.

I've "the Book" on my phone, and every time I update it find that some thrush or other has started to hybridize with a heron of some kind. I find it depressing, but one soldiers on, you know?

Dave 

• In reply to Dave - CH:

Didn't seem to phase you lot though.... They were set to stun, that's why! 

• In reply to PimperneBloke:

Channeling your Inner James T., PB?
  • I like to stay current, while raisin the standard, just need the sultanas flag now
  • In reply to PimperneBloke:

You must have some kind of fiendish pun generator saved as a favourite.

No mere human could be that talented.

Are you a (dried) fruitarian by any chance?

I hope mysteries comes back re the whistle/squeak. I'm curious.
  • Aww shucks, Dave, you'll make me blush! I have to be careful I'm not hoisted by my own Picard though! And I, too, am curious