Could this be a swallow tailed kite?

My friend saw this bird in Evington Park and took the enclosed photograph.

On the identifier it says it is a red kite, but because of the white markings, he thought it might be a Swallow Tailed Kite.  If it was a swallow tailed kite, this would be very rare.

Is it possible he saw a swallow tailed kite?

Helen

• Is it just me or am I going crazy here?

Osy writes like he's using google translate - and I'm still not sure which pictures are his??????

If he's stating that he took the photo with the computer screen lines on and says that it's NOT a photo of a computer screen then I call b***s**t on that.

Osy - just upload (again) the 2 pictures/photos you claim to have taken - I don't care if they're altered or not.

I will then give you my opinion of those pictures/photos with my many years experience of graphic design and multimedia graphic programs.

Otherwise - this thread's for the birds!
  • I know that feeling Mr B unfortunately non alcoholic beer is no help and the real stuff has drastic results on me.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• We are on our way Dave got take off clearance for the old Tiger Moth and a following wind get that barbie lit

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Seeing that this thread has had more posts since being reported to the local authorities as a suitable candidate for a being locked because of posts offering nothing to do with the original subject Laughing You have no authority here Dave Laughing

Well, surprisingly, I've just been shopping in Aldi and look what I saw...

I think I was somewhere in England but I can't be sure about that - and sadly I've deleted the original photo as for some unknown reason I only took the one - and I was the only person there so I have no other witnesses sorry. Anyhoo - is this a STK?

• Hello RSPBailey,
    OK just looking back at your write up, about my STK sighting, Yes, as just a snapper, I did heavily crop and enhance my photo, Yes I took a few Photos as I normally do and just keep the best, one in this case.
    But I can but say I did not use Camera Screen shot, or Laptop Screen shot, . I am confused at them squiggly lines I got ?. maybe thats why you thought camera / Laptop screen ?. makes sense, BUT there has to be another reason ? ( I know, as its how it came out, ) any ideas ?.
    I must say. having now learned about STK, that the only explanation, . and someone had suggested, is this STK could have escaped from some pvt Keeper / Sanctuary over here, that possible ?. If so, shame its owner has not reported it missing ?. Osy