Mystery bird, no picture yet

Hi everyone,

new to this so please bear with me :)

Today I saw what I thought at first glance was a Robin. On my second glance I noticed it was about the size of a Thrush, only it had a red throat/chest and NOT a red face too like a Robin.

I have hunted all over the net and am now toying with the idea that it's either a red-throated thrush

(which is a rare visitor to Britain - I live in Kent) or a very odd robin/thrush type hybrid of some description.

Everytime I spot it I try to get a mental image in my head, (it's usually foraging on the ground near long grass by my kitchen window and then disappears back into my very overgrown apple tree) I grab my camera and it's gone again lol

I'm really hoping to get a photo soon, and will post it if I do.

I should also mention that it's back, wings and tail are what I can only describe as the same colour as a female sparrow, and under the red chesty bit it's white, hence I first mistook it for a robin. He also has what I can try and describe as a white line on edge of the wings (the bit of the wing that sits and rests on his belly - I'll call it an elbow for want of a better term lol)

I'll keep you posted, but if you have any ideas meantime please feel free to chip in  :)

Many thanks

Ali.

Good things come to those who wait :0)