Lapland Bunting?

Photos of bird I saw in High Peak, Derbyshire today (31/01/19). Think I saw a pair of them in same spot yesterday. Is this a Lapland Bunting? It's the only thing I can find that looks similar, but understand it's rare especially in these parts. Thanks

• I'm not an expert Mcbirdface but googling them it certainly could be, will be interesting to see what the others say.

Welcome to the community from Sheffield.

My Flickr photos

• Hi Mcbirdface

I've just had it confirmed it is a Lapland Bunting, can you tell where you spotted it?

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Hi Alan,

Birch Vale, between New Mills and Hayfield. Do you want exact spot description, or a grid reference, or is it just for general info?

• In reply to McBirdface:

I asked the guys at Sheffield Bird Study Group for an ID for you and they wanted to know if it was in their area.

Can you supply a Grid Reference for reporting purposes?

It's a special spot.

My Flickr photos

• Are you on Twitter?

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

grid ref is SK019881. Along the rough track to the north of Wethercotes farm, around 0.7 km from the farm, a little before junction where there is a turn down to Rowarth (there's a 294m spot height on the 1:25000 map pretty much a this point). The bird seems to spend most of its time in the track itself, on the ground. If visiting maybe best to reply to me, as parking is tricky.

• In reply to Alan.:

No social media at all.

• In reply to McBirdface:

grid ref is SK019881. Along the rough track to the north of Wethercotes farm, around 0.7 km from the farm, a little before junction where there is a turn down to Rowarth (there's a 294m spot height on the 1:25000 map pretty much a this point). The bird seems to spend most of its time in the track itself, on the ground. If visiting maybe best to reply to me, as parking is tricky.

Thanks for that detailed answer pal, it is outside the Sheffield reporting area but the Derbyshire Birders will be interested and have seen your thread via Twitter.

If anyone gets back to me on Twitter I'll let you know.

Well done for spotting it it's a cracking little bird.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Thanks, Alan.

Yes, he/she is a beauty.

• Brilliant spotting! (and terrific pics btw) Is there an easy / convenient / safe place to park nearby?