What to feed birds and when will they return

I’ve been feeding birds about 3 months now and I currentl use, Sunflower Hearts in one feeder, peckish energy bites and peanuts in another feeder, mix bird seed in my third feeder and finally energy balls in a ball feeder, are these a good choices. Secondly, my bird activity in the garden is weak currently, I’ve had starlings, pied wagtails, pigeons and that’s about it, when will I see robins, the tit family and anything else. When do our gardens become more active. Many thanks, I’m new to this 

• I would take a break from feeding at the moment, Your garden birds are showing you that they are finding appropriate food out and about and they will be recovering and replenishing post breeding season. Keep an eye on the grasses and blackberry bushes and fruiting plants etc in your area when out on walks and once you see these depleting - usually late autumn then consider starting to put food out again and then if you wish to feed up to late Spring especially if its very wet and cold.
    I have stopped feeding except in extreme weather because I have been away for extended periods and feel that it is unfair to create a dependancy.

Cin J