Pigeon hell of my own making - advice needed

Hi I need advice urgently as I have a problem which is causing me much anxiety and upset . Four years ago I moved into social housing , a two up two down with a large ish back garden . I’d never been a bird feeder before and started off small with just a bit of seed for the smaller birds ( sparrows starlings robins etc ) now things have gotten out of hand and I don’t know how to fix it without causing harm to my birds . Fast forward four years and I’d pretty much say I’m obsessed with feeding birds .. not only do I feed them in my garden I go on long dog walks and take a back pack full of bird food and visit many areas where the birds expect me a few times a week . I guess I’m a very extreme person in the way of hobbies etc and go very full on it’s either all or nothing . Apart from some dirty looks on the ‘bird walks ‘ ( I’ve learnt to be discreet ) the problem is my garden birds . I never meant for things to get so out of hand but it has . Now I always have a roof full of pigeons every day .. I can’t believe there’s so many and I guess for lots of them this is the only life they’ve known . We often get sick or injured birds too which we take to a rehabber . I’ve done this for four years without a problem from neighbours .. until now . So where I live there is a rat problem and I’ve never used feeders only put the seed on the ground In two places . Until a few months ago I was feeding them 5 times a day which of course was ridiculous . The cost alone is astronomical . I never meant for things to get this out of hand and I wish I could go back in time but I can’t . A rough neighbour at the back has started after all this time freaking out and shouting abuse at me threatening to shoot the birds and accusing me of feeding rats . This has shocked me as not a word has been said thus far . I have changed my routine drastically and now I go out at dusk so put their food out ( they aren’t even there then they fly off for the night then return about 7am) so I’m not seen and avoid my back garden through the day but do throw bread out at the front for the jackdaws . I would say I’ve reduced their food by 60% and it tells as they seem very hungry always now . I feel bad . Im buying feeders next week when I get paid as I’m worried about my small birds mainly . My daughter has advised reduce the seed even more and only feed every other day and the birds will eventually go somewhere else i just can’t see that happening .. incidentally I also put out rat poison twice a week and don’t really have a problem there and hose down the area everyday and kept it very clean . I’ve just received a letter from the council which I can only describe as non threatening and advisory .. but I’m very worried it’ll get worse . Lastly my scary neighbour at the back used to have a massive tree which came down in the wind and I think a lot of my business was hidden now it’s wide open for all to see which obvs doesn’t help . After all these years will the birds start clearing off if I stop / drastically reduce their food ? I’m racked with guilt cos I know I’ve caused all this with my excessive need to ‘feed the world ‘ . I don’t want to be evicted . Any advice please ? 

• You care just like me caring is good keep on caring, the bird feeder is a very good idea , I have just installed a bird feeder on our ground floor balcony window and purchased a bag of premium bird seed .
    Reading your submission about the Council letter it looks like someone has reported you ,pity you don't know who they are you could throw a handful of seeds at them LOL .

I experienced the same as you with regards to the pigeons and the seagulls so i stopped throwing nuts and biscuits and god knows what else i could get my hands on, I feed foxes at night I make each fox a sandwich and put it in a sandwich bag and throw it onto the grass verge and they come and collect and there is no fighting but there would be if i did not put it into a bag

Stick with a bird feeder it will prevent you getting into trouble with the officious humans and plentyyyyyyyyy of them around
    Take care of yourself and in the name of God keep caring
    xxxxx