RE: Desperate Feeding Behaviour

Hello, We put fat balls out and mainly sparrows, starlings, and occasionally blue & great tits. In the last two weeks, we have observed an almost desperation in the feeding. Usually, the fat balls last a couple of days but they're gone now in hours and we've seen a male blackbird feeding on them this morning several times. There's a desperation about the bazoocam.online way they're feeding as though they're expecting to not omegle.fit feed for a while or bad weather. I've been a birdwatcher for years and have never seen this behavior. I'm also a gardener and have noticed a drop in caterpillars and greenflies/black fly. Is this a climate change adaption? Has anyone else seen this behavior?

• It's late winter - there is a natural shortage of wild source food especially if you are in an urban area where lawns no longer exist and native plants have been done away with and stuff is tidy - February and March are known as the hungry months and there is a possibility of a cold spell coming in very soon

Cin J

• jestiferhenri said:

Hello, We put fat balls out and mainly sparrows, starlings, and occasionally blue & great tits. In the last two weeks, we have observed an almost desperation in the feeding. Usually, the fat balls last a couple of days but they're gone now in hours and we've seen a male blackbird feeding on them this morning several times. There's a desperation about the way they're feeding as though they're expecting to not feed for a while or bad weather. I've been a birdwatcher for years and have never seen this behavior. I'm also a gardener and have noticed a drop in caterpillars and greenflies/black fly. Is this a climate change adaption? Has anyone else seen this behavior?

While climate change is a very real thing, and taking on board the reply from Cin, the time of year being deep winter (snow or no snow) resulting in the shortage of food, the one issue that seems to keep getting swept under the carpet is habitat loss.

This country has an unhealthy obsession with building, something I see too much here where I live, it is beyond rampant. This inturn, but not solely, will have an impact on the reduced insects and caterpillar numbers, among many other things.

Also how the land is farmed, managed and many other things, all combine to habitat issues for all creatures and plants, and the resultant losses of many species along with reduction in numbers of many others, will occur.

Another thing to take into consideration, the push for green energy, wind farms, solar farms and 'the out of sight out of mind' wave farms, these will all have an impact on plant, animal, bird and aquatic life because they will also reduce the amount of available habitat for nature to survive.....