Adding to Seed Mix

Hey All,

Firstly can I just say another huge thank you everyone who has offered there support & advice to my previous posts. You have all been so kind & helpful with my new passion and it’s makes me so glad I found & joined this community

However I do have another question if I may.

So I currently have a Classic mixed seed mix in one feeder, it’s a good brand (Tom Chambers) and includes what I relies is general mixed seed makes, black sunflower hearts ect... however it isn’t being touched at the mo. Now I appreciate in the colder months birds enjoy the fattier suet type thing, which they are, but I have done some research & it’s seems really high quality expensive mix seed also includes things like mealworms & peanut flakes along with the general mix seeds.

So my thinking was because I have such a large amount of the general mix seed (I bought in bulk), would it be worth myself mixing in some mealworms & peanuts pellets to add the goodness & make it more appealing? Rather than waste what I have.

Thanks as always everyone & hope you don’t mind my beginner questions aha, good new is hopefully the feeding station is beginning to thrive  Slight smile