Crows Scaring away smaller garden birds

We used to have lots of families of blues tits, Robins, nut hatches and Coal Tits. However, in recent weeks the garden has been overrun with about 5 crows and 2 magpies. They constantly clamber over the feeders and bird table and are scaring all our other small garden birds away. What is the best solution to scare these fearless crows away. Bearing in mind we have several blue tit nests around the garden I am concerned they will soon start invading their nests too. All advice greatly appreciated. Peter
  • I have what I call my big bird food,like suet balls and cakes,away from my hanging seed feeders. This works quite well,although you can bet,if I let my suet food run out,they're straight over to the seed.

Btw,think yourself lucky you're only getting 7 corvoids in your garden. Not that it bothers me,but I can get 20 or 30 coming at the same time lol.

• In our garden we have this problem mainly in the summer time when we seem to feed mainly Corvids,Wood Pigeons and Grey Squirrel.It is for this reason we no longer feed during summer months even though it may help feeding parents it also gives the feeding area a rest period which I think is important as the area we can put feeders is in a communal garden and suitable feeding areas are a little restricted.I am not this is what everyone should do it's just my take on it.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• A murder of crows nearby us are frightening off our small birds too we don’t hear them sing at the moment I miss it.