Bluetit roosting in bird box at this time of year?

Hello. Just wondering if bluetits roost in bird boxes at this time of year already? We put blue tit boxes up in spring but only recently have we seen one go in. I've seen it three times now, always about the same time in an evening. Today it was 6.20. And never saw it come out, unless missed it. I've read they sometimes use bird boxes for winter roosting but it's still summer (tho not very warm at night right now!). Also do they already roost that early in the evening? Would be grateful for any insights...thank you!

• I think birds will roost in nest boxes any time of the year outside the breeding season when they're being used for nesting. As for the time - I have starlings roosting in the eaves of my house and at the moment they arrive back (noisily!) at just after 6pm, so that must be about the right time for some species to roost at this time of year.

• Thank you! Thanks for the confirmation. Lovely the box is being used - glad the bluetit has found a safe place to spend his nights. I also first noticed the bluetit due to noise - he first perches in a nearby tree making a warning sound ("chirr") before heading to the box.

I read somewhere that you can help them keep warm in the winter by putting wool/moss in the box / leaving it nearby for them to take in themselves. Any thoughts on this? 

• Leaving wool or moss nearby sounds like a great idea - I'd hesitate to actually put it in the box just in case the bird got spooked when it arrived to home to roost and found the furniture rearranged!