Blue tit

Hi, my local blue tit pair occasionally come over to my flats window feeder, stuck onto my lounge window. I also have 2 trees that are currently quite bushy and I have occasionally 2 of Blue tits coming over to feed. Normally there’s only one and during the beginning stages of the birds relationship with me has been. I’ve always wondered if the Blue tit might be a more confident female because she just doesn’t seem very phased by my presence. Like the closest tree branch from my flats window is like around roughly 5 foot In length away. They sometimes would sit there watching their surroundings and possibly likely me when I’m sat on my sofa and using my laptop. I normally tend to greet them or her when they chirp out loud. She’d used to do a few warning calls before she would come to my windows feeder. I try not to intrude their attention towards my daily life because I do occasionally get like a brief magpie and a Robin sometimes but it’s mainly just my regular blue tits because they also came to feed their chicks from my feeder as well. Is there any way I could try and help them trust me more because I’ve thought about helping them by improving their environment with me and my home. If I ever see them coming to the feeder they would tend to take sometimes longer like 20-40 minutes to come over whilst hanging on one of the smaller branches and sometimes would even swing about by the wind. But I do try to be very respectful by their presence because I know my hight and my appearance can make them feel quite intimidated.

I don’t want them to be more reliant on me when feeding them just when they come over I just want to have the satisfaction of the doubt to help them feel more comfortable and more relaxed around me. I do also own a fish tank next to that very window as it’s a double glazed window, so I would occasionally accidentally frighten them but sometimes after a short period of time she would come back and sometimes even would call to me like it’s a greeting.

Many thanks 

Ben Shelley, 
Redditch, Worcestershire