Sparrow mites on face

Hi can anyone advise there’s a sparrow young looking one with I presume a mite on its eyes and one the other side under the eyes it’s very lethargic and looks half asleep looks like it’s dying just sat there it’s itching and puffing it’s self up sometimes,is there anything I can do,it won’t really fly far from me it’s been back to the same area 4 times now in three days.I feel so helpless I’ve been trying to spray fresh water on it 

• Hi Kerry sorry nobody has replied....your birds sound like they are ill to me possibly have a condition called Trichomonosisyou can read more about it in the link below if it works....also advice on what to do.

bto.org/our-science/projects/gbw/gardens-wildlife/garden-birds/disease/trichomonosis#:~:text=Species%20affected&text=Greenfinches%20and%20Chaffinches%20are%20the,Dunnock%2C%20Great%20Tit%20and%20Siskin

Post edit...sorry I was multitasking...could also be avian pox...Best to remove all food and water for a few weeks and deep clean everything...do not work about the birds as there is plenty natural food available just now for them

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Best just copy and paste the text link into your browser as we are having issues posting links the now :-(

• Thank you Linda,yes I have a group of sparrows in the garden who come daily,I also had. a great tit who had the same thing last year who visited my garden.Doesn’t sound good does it.I’ll wear gloves when I take the food hangers down and empty the bird bath.Thank you Blush
  • Giving the feeders a good clean on a regular basis is best practice...I als wipe mines down with bacterial wipes every night when I take them in as I had a Great tit with growths a few months ago...always sad to see.