Would bats sleep in an earth fissure during the day?

I'm new here and I tried to upload a picture of the ground fissure but it won't submit for some reason. Just wanting to know if that is a place a bat might sleep during the day.

• Brandeebb said:

I'm new here and I tried to upload a picture of the ground fissure but it won't submit for some reason. Just wanting to know if that is a place a bat might sleep during the day.

It's not out of the realms of possibility but would depend on a number of factors - Bats struggle to launch from the ground so there would be need to be a void behind the fissure to enable a bat to fly to exit the fissure.  The best way to find out if it's really important is to use some echo kit. 

to load a picture onto this thread, click on Rich Formatting and you can drag the pic into the editor - if that fails  go to 'insert' then 'insert image/video/file'  you will then get another box - go to 'Upload file' there is a size restriction so in the dimensions panel go for 500 in the first box and leave second box blank then try to post it while crossing fingers, praying to your chosen elements and don't hold your breath 

Cin J