Bird Clubs

Iv been looking for some bird clubs in Gloucestershire cause I wouldn’t be able to go to one further than Gloucestershire and I been looking all year but I found out and I’m hopeing to tell someone in the house I’m in and see if they can arrange it and then they will tell me weather I can go or not but I was wondering if anyone in the Gloucestershire area any around Stroud or Quedgeley or Hucclecote have any suggestions thats closer than Cheltenham If it’s closer than Cheltenham I have even more of a chance of going to a bird club since it wouldn’t be as far as Cheltenham. I can’t find any that’s closer at the moment 

And I rarely get to see any one other than people I’m in the house with and  family and my family and people around me arnt really into Wildlife unlike me. There interested when I tell them interesting things about it but it isn’t there thing and don’t do it as a hobby so it would not only benefit me socially but also mean I’m not as  limited to where I can go  cause of the other people in the house. and I would have more Wildlife opportunities

if Anyone knows any clubs in Gloucestershire please let me know and I might look into it if you know any good ones from experience. 

• group.rspb.org.uk/.../
      This link is for the Gloucestershire RSPB Group. Hope the link works. Ive been a nember of the  Newcastle Upon Tyne RSPB Group for more than 10 years. We have monthly  coach trips on a Saturday. Midweek local walks. Autumn/Winter talks. There are a number of volunteers in different activities. In my 70th year i still can walk miles. But i have now arthritis in my fingers. Also my local RSPB Group have an annual birdwatching holiday in the UK. The last weeks holiday in 2019 before Covid out was in the Outer Hebrides also in previous years holidays in the Orkneys, Dorset, Isle of Wight, Norfolk, Isle of Arran, North Wales. Plus many more.The full list of RSPB Groups can be found on the RSPB website! Our Group has  just started having Saturday  monthly trips trips in Autumn 2021 and in 2023 my RSPB are starting at long last having monthly coach trips further afield from January 2023! 
      https://www.rspb.org.uk/get-involved/community-and-advice/local-groups/
    • And the above link of all RSPB Groups in the United Kingdom from the RSPB website.
    • https://group.rspb.org.uk/newcastle/
    • And the above is my own Newcastle Upon Tyne RSPB Group!

Regards,

Ian.

• www.cheltenhambirdclub.org.uk/
    The above is the link to the Cheltenham Bird Club. Again hope the link works!

Regards,

Ian.

• https://m.facebook.com/groups/917997421631580/

Also the Gloucestershire RSPB Group has it’s Facebook website that you can join. The Newcastle Upon Tyne RSPB Group has it’s own Facebook website as well. Again hope the link works! The link above now woeks

Regards,

Ian.

• Update on the bird club. The Gloucestershire RSPB group one isn’t possible cause of the time

but Im going to try the Cheltenham one and see if it’s possible. The website didn’t have much information so someone emailed them on Thursday but cause the person who’s emailed them is busy they havnt let me know if they responded but if they don’t get a response they are going to phone them on Monday. To get more details and then the person is going to let me know if it’s possible or not. If not Il come back for suggestions

• I have tryed looking for clubs more than 5 years ago they weren’t bird clubs but I don’t have much luck with clubs. I ended up haveing to stop  looking for them since  we just couldn’t find one that would be suitable.  Even though I haven’t had any luck with clubs I thought I’d try this year for the reasons stated in the post. I looked and couldnt find anything but then asked here. I tryed 2 of the suggestions but the first club  wouldn’t fit in with schedule of the people in the house and the person who might take me wouldn’t be able to drop me off. Then Iv given someone the contact for the Cheltenham bird club to get more details and was hoping it might actually work out . cause things seemed to be working out but after going out and comeing back this afternoon the person that contacted them told me what they said but it was actually bad news cause of travelling and things like traffic cause Cheltenham is busy and then there were other reasons aswell 

• But even though I can’t do the 2 suggestions I’m still open to suggestions If any one has any more suggestions of anywhere in Gloucestershire It would be helpful and I will try them