WWT Welney July '24 (pt 5)

So, I finally got around to sorting the last day of photo's from me and Mrs PB's adventure to the East, a recaps below if required

Welney 1

Welney 2

Welney 3

Welney 4

After Tuesday's grimness, and a trip to Anglesey Abbey, which is nether an abbey, nor on Anglesey (go figure!!) we decided to stay local, and trundle around the Summer Trail, and then Lady Fen in the late afternoon when it had cooled down.

First off from the main hide, to the far side of the lagoon, Cormorant and Lapwings

Greylag (volunteers were in the process of putting up signs saying we've just returned from Greenland)

Coot youngster... look how far my wings stretch

Shovellers in formation... there was later a reprimand for their ragged display!

First Marshie of the day... distant

There were still a lot of Swallows whizzing about, and nesting in some of the hides, unconcerned by visitors, so obviously I took some dodgy shots!

Mrs Mally flew over

There were a few Whites about

And lurking in the reeds a warbler or two

And peering further through the reeds as we walked, preening Whooper

A few Gatekeepers were around

Up a tree a delightful tune emanated, we were being serenaded by Mr Blackcap

In one of the gullies, Mute Swan

Something I've not seen before... a Heron circling on thermals (presumably) to gain height

A very hide-y warbler

More Marshie action

A Cormorant squad overhead

And some little bug-ey things in a flower (and a ladybird hidden behind it!)

Ruddy Darter

Green Veined White

A reminder of our location... Not sure if the interracted at all!!

A pigeon wasn't happy with the racket!

But the cows didn't seem to notice!

Another Ruddy

A test now... some sort of moth!

A Meadow Brown

Not sure if this is traversing the web, or caught in it!

Another Meadow Brown

It had got pretty warm by now, so we were heading back toward the cool of the hides

Common Blue Damsel

Ruddy's in creative mode!

Mrs PB had meandered on ahead as I was distracted by the Darters, suddenly an urgent whisper, I looked up, and just scampering away was a Chinese Water Deer

More silly hide and seek games in the reeds... therefore it must be more warbler activity!

Another Ruddy (making up for all the other dragon's I've not seen this year!)

A surprise Holly Blue

And I managed to fluke a shot of it taking off... vibrant the best word I think!

Back in the shelter of the hide, Swallow, and nest

One of the Tern's was skimming about magnificently

Competing with the terns were the Swallows

And finally for this part (only one more to go, don't panic!) presumably the same Wagtail as Monday

Thanks for sticking with it, final part may be completed this evening, otherwise after work tomorrow.

Any ID corrections or additions (particularly the warblers, I'm guessing all Reed) gratefully received as always

Stay Safe All