It Terned Out Nice, Again!

So following a late reprieve at Ferrybridge, I headed round to Lodmore. First up, my first Comma of the year

And I wish I'd spotted the shadow whilst I was looking through the viewfinder, so I hadn't cut it off Disappointed

It was still blowing a hooley, and suddenly blown into view, a Marsh Harrier

After being blown sideways a short distance, it gave up!

What I think is a young Heron was loitering amongst the reeds

Making haste towards the Tern islands due to the forecast of soon to be gloom and damp, I spotted a distant small charm of Goldfinches

As I walked along this path there is a stretch of 20 or 30 metres or so of Buddleia, and there was not a bee, fly or butterfly on them. Despite the wind, I would have expected bee's and flies at a minimum. Moving away and into a slightly sheltered scrubby/woody but, a Gatekeeper alighted. From the odd angle I thought at first it was some exotic looking moth!

There were a few Lapwing about, none being particularly irridescent

And a lovely breeding plumaged Godwit

Juvenile Common Terns (based mainly on the fact I didn't see any adult Arctic Terns!)

There were several Canada Geese about

Feeding time

You'll have someones eye out with that!

A bit of a tug of war

Get off my land!! (not sure who he was shouting at, but there were black headed gulls nests to the right!)

We ALLLllllll need feeding

I thought this might be a Mediterranean Gull.... but no real reason why, other than bill colour and black and white at the back

Some airborne shenanigans caught my eye

Sandwich Tern?

There were several Common Terns learning the ropes, skimming the water, and plucking stuff from it, or diving in to it... I don't think any caught food, but the practised on, nontheless

Try again

And again

Something upset this adult, bristling for a scrap, by the looks of it

There was a Little Egret further afield

Not just the Terns were successfully gathering things

GULP.... what food?

One one of the islands, Carrotbill family... b rave with the proximity of the gulls, I would have thought!

Atop a bush as I moved round to see if there was a better view

And overhead... note: depending on which way I faced, the sky was either glorious blue, or perilous grey!

Another scrubby/woody bit leant itself nicely to the lollipops

Probably the other Sandwich Tern!

A very purposeful looking Crowven Smiley

My 2nd Comma of the year, accompanied probably by some Flea Beetles (thanks Cin)

Heading back to the car another not very iridescing Lapwing

Another Goldfinch, with slightly better settings!

A Dunnock singing beautifully

A Heron took off, and gracefully battled the wind

And it was followed by a 2nd, that decided a circuit was the best course to take

And with that, I'd had enough of being buffetted, and squinting because the wind would have blown my cap off, and tootled off home, just in time for lunch Smiley

Hope you enjoyed

Stay Safe All