Baddesley Clinton 26 Jun 2024

A rare, sunny opportunity to get out, and enjoy the outdoors locally, and a much needed therapy after such a fantastic week in Norfolk.

Things have been a bit interesting here over the last few months and my diary has become a bit complex, so I apologise if I've already shared these photos.

This grey wagtail was showing well, and spending time with someone who had recently retired from the same employer I worked for until retirement, was enjoying his time out and about, especially as he was becoming very aware of what wildlife  there  was to be seen. Possibly a new convert to nature watching......

This next photo of the grey waggie, really fascinated the person I was chatting to, especially as it paraded around with what looked like a common blue damselfly for lunch.

The sun and warmth seemed to be bringing lots of wildlife out, in all forms, and  many taking the time to pose for  the camera....

How about a mosquito [ID conf/correction always welcomed] hitching a ride on a feather....

More young of 2024.....

Mum & bab, jus' a chillin'....

The swallows seemed very low key this year, no obvious nesting, the usual nests were empty, not even the sign of droppings around the area.....

Hopefully when I go back, there will be nest activity, but I'm not holding out much hope, after a recent chat to a visitor a few days back, nests still empty....

It was interesting watching the swallows, and this is only a guess, I only saw two together at any one time, other than flying around. When not flying, they seemed to be on one of two favourite high  points, a barn apex and the wind  vane atop another barn across the yard, chatting to each other. Yes, it is possible they are not the same two, but they both flew off together and returned to the same perching posts more or less simultaneously.

When time and weather permit, I will make a return visit.