• Thank you Bob

How amazing, to see in such close human proximity,  and I loved the interaction of other species, ( even unconcerned with the children Ha!!)

The double nesting really fascinating, and I always find it interesting how the corvids, endeavour to protect their patch.Here I always enjoy the Buzzards when taking to circling  for their hunt, the Covid  Army,soon send in their troops.

The osprey looks unringed, and do you know if a mate around, or any eggs etc.

Look forward to more .

• The osprey looks unringed, and do you know if a mate around, or any eggs etc.

Yes - nest in a tree just to the right. The male (pictured) is unringed but the female (on the nest at the moment) is ringed but I haven't yet worked out the ring number. More pictures to follow when I have finished editing.

• Marvellous footage Bob, is this a private nest?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Marvellous footage Bob, is this a private nest?

Hi Wendy, no the Osprey seem to be happy to have the Tree Sparrows nesting below Slight smile

The nest is on private land but is visible from a public road. Apparently this is its 2nd or 3rd year according to the local cyclist that stood to chat. It was a total bonus we just chose to drive along that road because we like to make our return trip via a different route. We just turned this corner and I saw a huge clump of sticks at the top of a dead tree with a big brown bird on top - could hardly believe what I was seeing. Its the closest I have been to an Osprey nest other than in the USA.

Things are a little hectic at the moment due to just having had a birthday but I will definitely get the pictures up soon. (And I will be returning in a few weeks by which time they may have chicks.