Photo test post

A test post to see if I could quickly display images the way I wanted toA few birds I saw on the North East Coast in the estuary at Amble

Wigeon

Redshank

Oystercatcher

Bar Tailed Godwit

• Nice selection Bob, photo's look good.

• Nice selection Bob, photo's look good.

Cheers - yes they are big enough to see a lot of detail without having to open each picture up but the option of larger viewing is always there if anyone wants it. Didn't take too long and it was easier and more effective than dragging the boxes.

• Hi Bob, I hope you don't mind but I've posted a couple of old photos of mine to see if I could replicate what you've done. Examining your terrific photos I concluded that 960 px was what you used to fill the width. I tried two methods to achieve this.

For the first photo I simply changed the dimensions in the insert box to 960x0. You seem to have to select the dimensions before selecting the file otherwise it wouldn't work.

In the case of the second photo I dragged and dropped it in the editor and then edited the source code. I wasn't totally sure which bits I needed to change  but got there in the end ...  I think.

This is what the source code looks like now.

I think I've achieved similar results to you so far as filling the available space with the photos. Did you use similar techniques or something different. Which did you find the most efficient way of doing it?

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Both great size and wonderful photos. Number 2 is a great capture. 

• I think I've achieved similar results to you so far as filling the available space with the photos. Did you use similar techniques or something different. Which did you find the most efficient way of doing it?

Pretty much the Same TeeJay.

Except I chose to change the dimensions to 960 x720 - one third up from their max size and a size that I have been using for years o post pictures on here. I find its a size the means photos can be enjoyed by most people without having to go through the farce of clicking to enlarge and then clicking to close each small image and still leaves the option for pixel peepers to click and view even larger if they want. So I edit the source code for the first image and then copty from "Max height through to 960x720"  and just paste that onto every other image's source code. It's a bit of a breeze really. 

It used to be easier because the old source code never had that "style max height etc bit in" so you only had to copy and paste your chosen dimensions -  in my case "960x720".

The biggest pain at the moment is still getting dropouts fairly random from  drag and drop and the fact that images go in "latest image" first which is no good for sequences.

Hope that makes sense.

• Thanks Bob. Not sure many people would want to tinker with the source code but it is probably the most efficient way to post large sized photos. Pity they've made it slightly trickier with the current sofware.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Thanks Bob. Not sure many people would want to tinker with the source code but it is probably the most efficient way to post large sized photos. Pity they've made it slightly trickier with the current sofware.

I do it it only because I think benefits people  - I hate having to click to open and close those small photos - it wouldn't be so bad if yo open one picture and then cycle through the rest with arrows as on FB but having to do 2 clicks with every picture is just .......  As you said, its  just a pity that they tinkered with the software. As yet there don't seem to be any benefits to users from the "UPGRADE".