Baddesley Clinton 22 Mar 2024

First posting for a while, and first impressions, nicely nearer to being straightforward. It'll be interesting to see how the replies look.

The date and time for this wander was timed to capture the daffodils at their best, which was probably a 2-4 days before this visit. However, dodging the incessant showers and no-sun days, I'd missed the best......

Nowt special, just my favourite five bar farm gate, in springtime, with sun, blue sky and cotton wool clouds....

The field the other side of the five bar gate

And the sheep steadily moving down the slope. It'll not long before the lambs appear...

The object of this visit, to capture the daffodils at their best for this year

The weather wasn't enabling many close up pics, so this was the only one I managed.

Yes, a  very rare appearance of a blue sky 

The bluebells will soon be in full bloom, with the first ones almost in flower on this visit.

• Zo Clark said:
    Mike B said:

The rare occasion that we have sun these days, without the wind and rain.....

Hello Mike thats good that you managed to get lots of pictures

Im not replying to that quote but instead to you. but I thought I would use that qupte to see if the quote function still comes up with eror or not. if it does I can quote your replys to me when  you reply on this thread if not then I will just have to copy and paste when I reply to you cause I want to comment about your trip particualry since you havnt posted for some time 

thise arw very good photos. about the lambs. its interesting where you said lambs will be coming soon. Iv seen sheep with Lambs late February and last month snd this month when iv gone past them in the car in Stroud here in Gloucestershire

as for daffodils its amazing how widespread they are. when on the 12th February I went on holiday to Wales for the week where I saw lambs just like here in Gloucestershire there was also lots of dafodills although not all of them had quiet fully opened yet some were still parialy opened and not fully open but most of them were open and there was lots of them. although there is Wild dafodills and dafodills people have planted themselfs aswell so some of them could well of been varietys that have been planted or grown from seed aswell even though you can also see proper wild dafodills aswell

Thank you Zo.

It was a case of dodge the prolonged cloud moments and quick shooting when the sun actually appeared!

Yes, lots of photos, and most confined to the bin. With the wind gusting upto 20mph (f5 fresh breeze on the Beaufort Scale) they required a fast shutter speed to reduce the blurring. But it was good to get out and much needed time outside.

• -----+++++ Quote +++++-----

Billysdad wrote the following post at :

So that's where the blue sky is! Glad you got a look out while the weather was nice ...

-----+++++ End of quote +++++-----

The blue sky and sun were only short bursts, much of the time was cloud and wind....

But it was good to get outside.