Saturday Last

So Saturday last was a day off, and having got properly fed up with rubbishy weather, I emailed Snappy and asked if I could borrow his sun for a couple of days. Kindly, he obliged, and I pootled down to Arne for a mooch about. I arrived just as they were setting up, so no feeders up in the welcome area, but Robin was keen to be first in the queue

I heard jenny shouting at me, but she unfortunately flew in to deeper scrubbiness

The sun glinting on something caught my eye, practically perfect in every way!

There was a lot of bird song, but precious little to see, and slightly disheartened I made my way to Middlebere viewing area, passing a pair of Chaffinches on the way, both were obstinate, but missus relented briefly and popped out

In and on the water were numerous ducks and waders but with the sun in the wrong place, and the birds being distant, a list will have to do, Redshank, Wigeon, Curlew, Canada Geese, Shelduck and a trio of Avocet, along with these Brent Geese

Heading away from the water, a gust of wind caused great offence to Robin

A pair of birds whizzed by my eyeline before swooping upwards, and heading for a nearby tree

And nestling amongst the gorse, a slightly distant Goldfinch

Ever hopeful at Arne of Dartford Warbler, imagine my delight, tempered by the disappointment of the suns' relative position

Embracing full ninja stealth mode, I made my way slightly off the track, to a position with the sun behind me

The pair of Dartfords decided enough was enough, and moved further away from the path, and I went on quite delighted! My delight grew, as a number of Skylarks decided to sing and fly and parachute

One one side of the path I was being watched by a third Lark

And from the other side, a pair of Stonechat

I'd continued along the path as I snapped, and was now much closer to the Skylark

Down the hill, along the shoreline, about ten Sika were minding their own business

Back atop the heathland my first bird of prey of the day

Well this is a surprise.... for both of us!!

Heading back toward the visitor centre a corvid cacophony was occurring, Jackdaws and Crows in unison (I nearly said harmony!!)

Having used the facilities before making my way home, overhead my 2nd bird of prey, Buzzard

Approaching the car park, I could see the feeders were up and filled, and taking advantage were numerous "woodland" birds, Dunnock... the original bird on a wire!

And.... my first butterfly pic of the year!! (from an awkward angle!)

Also around the feeders, Chaffie, Greenfinch, Siskin.... and I've just realised, I got no pics of the blue, great or coal tits.... very remis!

And so ended a slow starting, fabulous ending day in the sunshine. I sent Snappy the sun back as soon as I was done as per the terms and conditions of our agreement lol

Hope you enjoyed the blue skies, thanks for perusing

Stay Safe All