First of Two Grey Days Off

As generally happens, my days off coincided with pretty rubbish photo weather, grey, breezy and with rain forecast, but I decided nevertheless to head out. With an iffy forecast I tend not to go far, so it's quicker to get home when the inevitable happens. So the Trailway it was

As always, greeted by the shouting Sparrows

Jenny, skulking about, as if it wasn't dark enough

Rubbish pic of a male Chaffy, included coz I don't see many any more

50-50 chance.... Song Thrush

There were a lot of Robins about, and showing much better than last time I was out... less wet and less cold having something to do with it, probably

Don't know why, but I don't often snap Great Tits

Standard Redwing view

When I saw it, I thought far too small for a Buzzard, so Sparrowhawk maybe.... now I'm back to a small Buzzard?

The Great North Dorset Cormorant Tree

More Song Thrush action, flitting about interchangably with a Robin along the river bank

A brief period of brighter light coincided with a few Redwings landing in the treetops (I was down at 1/60 of a second trying to get as much light in as possible)

I'd had several goes at capturing the lollipops through the walk

And then spotted my first Goldfinch in weeks

Kimo-Sabie... 4 horses, 3 miles away

Blonde highlights and a perm... what's this, 80's night??

Who ate all the pies?

A very, VERY pale Buzzard flew over

There was a flock of Starlings back practically at the start of the Trailway

Movement across the pathway caught my eye, and a Greater Spotted Woodpecker flew in, obviously obscuring itself! (Not sure what the AF grabbed, but nothing in the image lol

And by then I'd had enough peering into the gloom, and huddling under trees as the showers passed, so I went home for a nice hot coffee!

ID corrections welcomed. Hope it wasn't too grey and dreary!

Stay Safe All