More Spam

They really need to sort something. OK they ( or the auto software) have responded to reported posts and removed some of them but they need to look at blocking or temporarily suspending the posters of the SPAM that they remove.

• Sadly Bob I can’t see anything changing at all. Even though it would be fantastic if that did happen. Also the upgrade to the new look refreshed website. Still waiting for all those parts of the reserve listings that are still missing!, that the RSPB promised would be back in January 2024. Well we are only half way through January 2024. Maybe they will manage to do that before the end of January 2024 But still nothing changed on that. Less detail on the RSPB’s new look refreshed website. Also looking at the up to date latest news from the RSPB. ITS now not getting updated regularly and it seems less serious news now! But of course more flashy less serious!. But of course that’s the new look refreshed RSPB website! ThinkingThinkingThinking

Regards,

Ian.

• They've been working on the software to relax the over sensitive spam alert due to it affecting user accounts (like mine) when there was no evidence to support the flagging. Not sure why it is proving so difficult to achieve the right balance so that clear multiple spam posts can be detected before a dozen are posted; guess it is still a work in progress so we'll have to remain patient.

Regards, Hazel 

• I’m not surprised by this. This has been happeningon for years and will continue. As another member of this forum said. If the RSPB’s Digital Team cannot sort this out. Can the RSPB at least be honest if the software is not up to scratch. And please tell everyone at least will there be any improvement in the near future or if indeed it will just remain for ever as it is and if the RSPB have not got the finance do improve this forum for the better. If the RSPB haven’t got the finance then shut down the forum for the forceable future. But at least can the RSPB be honest and not keep promising improvements and then nothing happens. February is here and still all of missing parts of the maim website are still missing including all the parts of the reserve listings have still not reappeared and I said in that thread that I expected that to happen, as now is the case. I can’t believe anything that the RSPB Digital Team say now as I’ve learnt that from previous years.

Regards,

Ian.

• Spammers have become very astute over the years, and I often wonder how many are involved in software writing, either directly or indirectly, ie have connections with software writers.

It's no comfort to innocent victims, and one big reason why I strongly object to my details being shared with third party organisations. It only takes one.

You've know the old saying, it takes a crook to catch a crook.....

• Well what should the RSPB  do. If the the RSPB Community is to continue! What would you suggest! I’ve no idea! Up to others now to suggest!

Regards,

Ian.