Brandon Marsh Tuesday 7th November

Another nice sunrise over one of the pools

Whilst the waterfowl activity was generally low, and what there was just wasn’t in the right place from a photographic perspective, but always good to see nonetheless, a grey heron flew in among the trews on the bank and caught the morning light nicely.

Unfortunately I was in the wrong seat, my friend next to me managed to get a good photo of the heron complete with fish.

Three little grebes are we….. {Gilbert & Suliven}

More dinosauromonts

A grey heron, sulking, looking out towards its assailants, after getting mobbed by black headed gulls

Then decides to fly over to the bank were a crow was….

All’s nice and peaceful, for now, until the next skirmish….

PS, juust sorting some photos from Cornwall back in September...  Wink

• It's quite a nice little place _ I visited there a couple of times whenI lived in Gloucestershire. Had some good Kingfisher sightings there.
  • Bobs_Retired said:
    It's quite a nice little place _ I visited there a couple of times whenI lived in Gloucestershire. Had some good Kingfisher sightings there.

It is a nice reserve, and easy to get to for me, particularly as I still need daily leg clean and redress appointments. With 24/7 access, I can get in before the gates open, and enjoy 3-4 hours watching nature getting breakie.

Everywhere else is the wrong side of HS2 construction, with narrowed lanes, traffic controls and diversions.

There are still plenty of kingfisher sightings, often just that iridescent blue streak, so they are still plentiful, if that is the right word to use.

• The camera is  doing you proud Mike ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Linda257 said:

The camera is  doing you proud Mike ;-)

Thank you Linda.

Even with all the hi-tech, it is still [nicely interestingly] challenging. No tech, well, not yet, can predict when a bird is going to take flight, or what flightpath it will use.

But I enjoy it, and having the time to get out, makes it.