NEW RSPB WEBSITE COMING SOON!?!?

Should I wish you all a merry Xmas the now??

Not many details!

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• In IT circles this is normally User Acceptance Testing. HTH
  • Zo Clark said:

ok. thanks. i didnt use the quick links when it used to work. what page did it lead to exactly? for example was it the homepage page  or a diferent page on the website or something like that? 

It lead back to the community homepage. Likewise, the 'Page not Found 404' has the same faulty 'community link' that returns back to the page not found!  It would have been picked up if anyone did UAT. They didn't though just like every other time RSPB has rolled out 'upgrades'. In 21st Century UK, people think they know best......rarely do from my experience. I can't remember the last job I got someone in to do being done right first time.....

• Hi OfficialRSPB,

There are links that no longer work on the community, since the new Homepage rollout. There is even a link on the resulting 'Page Not Found' page that also doesn't work.....e.g.

• The community link on the top right is correct. The one on the top left isn't and just gives back the same page again....
    i.e. https://community.rspb.org.uk/ does work.....
    www.rspb.org.uk/.../default.aspx does not work.

Unfortunately, that latter one is also the one still under 'quick links' on the main page........
  • stealthybutnotthatstealthy said:
    The community link on the top right is correct. The one on the top left isn't and just gives back the same page again....
    i.e. https://community.rspb.org.uk/ does work.....
    www.rspb.org.uk/.../default.aspx does not work.

Unfortunately, that latter one is also the one still under 'quick links' on the main page........

If I was the one responsible for such a basic mistake, I'd have got on with the simple correction........I can't believe the broken links are still on several pages.....

• what if you contact then directly about it? 

• Zo Clark said:

what if you contact then directly about it? 

Well why don’t you do that. In the past when changes made to this forum many many times and made for the worse to this forum.. I contacted the former CEO Mike Clarke as well as Martin Harper former Conservation Director of the RSPB  direct by email and had replies from both and that made no difference at all. If you had been a member of this forum as long as myself and some other even longer than me and that is the reason why a lot of former long time RSPB Community Forum members left this forum. As far as emailing the RSPB, that never made any difference as other members of this forum did the same as well!

Regards,

Ian.

• Unknown said:
    Zo Clark said:

. I contacted the CEO Mike Clarke(former ceo) as well Martin Harper former Conservation Director of the RSPB  direct by email and had replies from both and that made no difference at all. As far as emailing the RSPB, that never made any difference as other members of this forum did the same as well!

there has been abit more presence from the RSPB supporter team and enquires team on a few ocasions   and email reliability wise its not the case with my exspeariance( so far.)  the RSPB  have been commenting on a few technical threads. the www.  links that didnt used to work and informed us on this thread that the changes they were going to make wont prevent us from getting into the community only the main RSPB site. secondly when i asked them if the changes would afect the community  i put this posts link in the email and   I got an enail back in a week to say they have commented on a similar thread and it wad this very thread. but reasured me on the enail the changes wont stop us getting into the community anyway. 

3rdly i made a helpful sugestion to stealthy simce he was having trouble. weather he does or not is up to him but hopefuly the RSPB will get back to us on this post when they read his comments about the links at the bottom not working that stealthy brought up.  they will be notified anyway 

• Zo Clark said:
    THOMO said:
    Zo Clark said:

. I contacted the CEO Mike Clarke(former ceo) as well Martin Harper former Conservation Director of the RSPB  direct by email and had replies from both and that made no difference at all. As far as emailing the RSPB, that never made any difference as other members of this forum did the same as well!

there has been abit more presence from the RSPB supporter team and enquires team on a few ocasions   and email reliability wise its not the case with my exspeariance( so far.)  the RSPB  have been commenting on a few technical threads. the www.  links that didnt used to work and informed us on this thread that the changes they were going to make wont prevent us from getting into the community only the main RSPB site. secondly when i asked them if the changes would afect the community  i put this posts link in the email and   I got an enail back in a week to say they have commented on a similar thread and it wad this very thread. but reasured me on the enail the changes wont stop us getting into the community anyway. 

3rdly i made a helpful sugestion to stealthy simce he was having trouble. weather he does or not is up to him but hopefuly the RSPB will get back to us on this post when they read his comments about the links at the bottom not working that stealthy brought up.  they will be notified anyway 

Just to say with my reply here, I’m not being abusive! But the way you’ve replied to my post is not easy to understand with your words and then trying to decipher what you’re saying. It would be helpful if you could do that. There have always been replies by staff and management. There used a lot more as well when moderators used to post on here. But again I’ll say this. I’ll believe it when I see any real improvements on this forum and also the main website. As at the moment I’ve got no confidence if any improvements will happen. At the moment I’ve got my doubts that anything will improve. That is with my past experience. RSPB members have never been able to  propose any motion at the RSPB’s AGM where any changes could happen by members discussing and then voting on members motions.. Any RSPB member has to have the permission of the chairman for a motion by any member to go ahead and voted on the RSPB’s AGM. And when on the odd occasion any member has asked the chairman to allow a subject to be discussed and then voted on by RSPB members. The chairman at that time has refused for that motion to go ahead and then a vote by RSPB members not allowed as well. That is why in my opinion the RSPB is not democratic.. And I’ll wait and see if actually anything happens. Again I will say. There was a lot more contact by staff years ago. So saying there has been better  contact now is completely wrong. There used be far better contact via the moderators when they very active on this forum and then staff and management would reply on this forum very fast. So whether anything happens! I’m very pessimistic.

Regards,

Ian.

• Unknown said:

Zo Clark said:
    THOMO said:
    Just to say with my reply here, I’m not being abusive! But the way you’ve replied to my post is not easy to understand with your words and then trying to decipher what you’re saying. It would be helpful if you could do that. There have always been replies by staff and management. There used a lot more as well when moderators used to post on here. But again I’ll say this.

dont worry no one said you were being abusive or anything. and thanks for letting me know you found it hard to understand my comment by the way.  i made a sugestion to Stealthy and then you said why dont you do it at the begining of your paragraph before talking about how reliable the RSPB are with messages and emails and things. so i just didnt know what you meant.  so i was just trying  to exsplain that i was just being helpful to Stealthy thats all. 

the enquires team has responded to a few posts recently this one being one of them. the RSPB has replyed on this so will be notified of the problom stealthy brought up when they next look at this if he wants it done sooner asking them directly would be the way to go. 

I’ll believe it when I see any real improvements on this forum and also the main website. As at the moment I’ve got no confidence if any improvements will happen. At the moment I’ve got my doubts that anything will improve. That is with my past experience. RSPB members have never been able to  propose any motion at the RSPB’s AGM where any changes could happen by members discussing and then voting on members motions.. Any RSPB member has to have the permission of the chairman for a motion by any member to go ahead and voted on the RSPB’s AGM. And when on the odd occasion any member has asked the chairman to allow a subject to be discussed and then voted on by RSPB members. The chairman at that time has refused for that motion to go ahead and then a vote by RSPB members not allowed as well. That is why in my opinion the RSPB is not democratic.. And I’ll wait and see if actually anything happens. Again I will say. There was a lot more contact by staff years ago. So saying there has been better  contact now is completely wrong. There used be far better contact via the moderators when they very active on this forum and then staff and management would reply on this forum very fast. So whether anything happens! I’m very pessimistic.

. i was just saying  that i havnt found them to not be very reliable (so far) as in the example- i mentioned the email i got from the enquires team where I asked them if the website changes would afect  the community and added the link to this post.  they did comment on the link to this post i gave them on the email and came back to me in a week to say they had replyed to a similar link that being this one but exsplained that we will be able to get in to the community and its just the main website anyway even though they haf already responded to this post. i replyed and thanked them for responding to this post and responding to my email i sent them and they replyed to say your welcome. so i found them  very helpful and reliable email wise