September 7th...

Dullish day, but dry so made a plan to catch up with my sister to show off the new lens, and then head on elsewhere when she had to go to work... She promised me Hares, Red Kites Swallows and Kestrels...

She delivered a distant hare, probably 80 yards away, couldn't make it out with the naked eye, just saw movement

Not sure what this is, possibly a Linnet? There was a flock of maybe a dozen similar looking

Sis was also training her puppy....

Gorgeous Girl!!

Doh! Just realised I've only done those pics... Anyhow... there were none of the other promised birds before she had to get on to work.... I'll come back and edit this as I headed to the old river.... just need the 'Stenders duff duff duff music now lol

In a tree, behind one of the stables at sis's place, tsk'ing Robin

OMG it's a warbler... Chiffchaff?

Juvie Goldfinch

A different warbler with a more pronounced eyestripe

Pied Waggie on the roof

So I headed to the river, with idea's of Kingfisher and Otter... and was greeted by Moorhen

Big lens advantage...Red Admiral the other side of the river!

There were a couple of Little Egret, one hunting, the other preening. The eye detect faultlessly picked up the hunter

Seems scant reward!

This is the grey wagtail and rock mentioned in the moving to mirrorless thread... the rock appeared much brighter and greener in real life so may need to examine the colour palette of the camera

Bigfoot!

Downside of a big lens.... people want to talk about it! Three times in about 10 minutes a Kingfisher whizzed by whilst I was distracted by conversation. Not saying I'd actually have got the little beggar in frame... but I'd have had a go lol

Migrant Hawker

Horribly over exposed suddenly bright sunshine ... probable Darter!

Small Copper (2nd of the year Slight smile)

And ending with 2 generations of Moorhen 

Hope you enjoyed the pics, still some camera learnings to be learnt, and also some big lens ones, but the more I practise, hopefully the better I'll get.

Stay Safe All