SAD NEWS ROBBO IS GONE

I regret to inform you all that Robbo has been nuked once again...perhaps when things go wrong on here it's best NOT to contact head office as they seem to just make things worse.

Well I for one will be contacting them at head office to cancel my membership .

Take care all

Look after the birds 

X

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Actually your right  his profile is now gone it wasn’t when I posted it not long ago on the other thread though 

community.rspb.org.uk/.../itisadunnock

• This is a great blow to all who know Robbo's posts as well as to Robbo himself ... cannot think for the life of me why this should happen!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Linda has brought it to the RSPBs attention on my Wildlife links post

I also addressed my issue with peewit cause just simply locking a thread doesn’t deal with the person responsible for what happened.

only by dealing with the person responsible can you solve the problem that ocured. And prevent it happening again cause I don’t want the same thing to happen again

As for Robbo it wasn’t long ago that is acount was still active so it must be very recent The RSPB should hopefully be aware of the problem with Robbo though that’s the good news

• this was Robbos profile before it is a Robbo 

https://community.rspb.org.uk/members/robbo_5f00_41

Might I note there was lots of spam by spammers going on at this time but what happened to him was very gradual and it was him being targeted when this strange thing was going on I made a post here about it 

https://community.rspb.org.uk/about/f/technical-problems/279439/something-deleting-comments-on-some-forums

and it was after a Dunnock thread someone wanted to know the answer about a dunnock and didn’t like the answer hence the birth of the Dunnock post Linda came up with after. and my drawing of  a bird from Robbos profile around the same time 

i told RSPB on there survey about what happened to Robbo 

I didn’t have any doubts there was a possibility it could happen again if it isn’t looked into and dealt with and that was one of my motivations for doing that in the first place 

• What on earth are they playing at. I can't imagine why they think Robbo's posts and acount should be deleted. Robbo's involment with recent aggro was minimal. Makes no sense to me ....... but nothing on this Forum is making much sense anymore,

Zo Clark said:
    The RSPB should hopefully be aware of the problem with Robbo though that’s the good news

Don't count on it Zo. They don't routinely read threads

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• I am wondering if Robbo was deleted for correcting the 'cettis warbler' i.d. under the 'latest photos and videos'. Deeply offensive to i.d. it as a common whitethroat. Deserves the bird book to be thrown at him as well as profile deletion. Seems reflux went today too so Robbo was at least right with that.

I expect Robbo will have known what was coming (same pattern of posts disappearing in installments like last time) and created other profiles in advance, and once the profile was deleted, emailed the person doing the survey in May......I doubt she would have responded yet though......

• Unknown said:

What on earth are they playing at. I can't imagine why they think Robbo's posts and acount should be deleted. Robbo's involment with recent aggro was minimal. Makes no sense to me ....... but nothing on this Forum is making much sense anymore

i don’t know last time it happened after something happened with him and a user who couldn’t acept that there dunnock was a dunnock even though it was and didn’t like his answer but a couple of things were suspected.

And then The dunnock poster  asked for there acount to be taken down so One of the things suspected was the possibility that the owner  could of had something to do with it cause if what happened on the thread 

Another possibility was that there’s someone that doesn’t like Robbo and he did something they didn’t like. Or he said something that they didn’t like on the forum  either in public or behind the scenes

Another was that someone was  going round reporting posts as spam. 

Another possibility was there being a glitch in the software but it is a Robbo when he was there thought  it that not to be likely. 

this year however it happened after everyone flagged  a banned user. Thomo started having problems posting on Monday and then yesterday evening I noticed the users reported comments deleated and then today it was other peoples being deleated aswell like Claire aswell as nairnred. I barely commented much so mine might not be very noticeable 

And Robbo commented and told me his comments are being deleated and that his profile could well also get deleated aswell so he did suspect it

weather it had to do with that thread or another thread I don’t know but there could be  lots of possibilities to why the same thing has happened again twice

• Unknown said:
    They don't routinely read threads

I'd take out the 'routinely' bit.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• I know both me and Robbo didn’t agree about lots of thing. But what Robbo posted wasn’t spam in my opinion!

Regards,

Ian.

• Unknown said:

I know both me and Robbo didn’t agree about lots of thing. But what Robbo posted wasn’t spam in my opinion!

I disagree ;-)