Walk round Verulamium Lake, St Albans

Had a nice walk round Verulamium lake, St Albans today - here are a few of the pictures (the best is last!)

It was a nice place to use the new lens as it is a very public park, so most of the birds are fairly tame and easy subjects!

Moorhen as I went in

Then I slowly creeped a bit closer

Black-Headed Gull resting

Immature Moorhen

Coot

Magpie

Canada Goose

Close up and personal!

Then after backing up about 10 metres! I got far back enough to catch one flapping it's wings as it came out of the water (and even then I had to stick with this one as when it had it's wings fully outstretched it's wingtip was outside of the frame!)

Testing the bird in flight capabilities with a Black Headed Gull

Close up and personal with a Feral Pigeon next

On getting to the other side a Grey Heron in a tree was catching peoples attention (including mine!) as it was relatively low down

Portrait shot

And then back to normal (landscape)

And another Grey Heron flying over

Moorhen Chick

And an Egyptian Goose to finish of the water birds

Finally (as I said, best till last) I went up to St Albans Cathedral, where a pair of peregrine falcons have nested for the last 2 years. Fun and Excitement, not only was an adult there, but also (what I believe to be) an Immature one in a tree!

Giving me a wave

It was very vocal!

MMMMUUUUUUMMMM!

Uncropped photo, to show that it wasn't all that far away!

And so ended a fun day at Verulamium Lake, with the session with the Peregrine Falcon shortly being rained off! (after only a couple of hundred photos Rolling eyes)

Thanks all for looking, hopefully not too boring!

Regards

Benji