My Garden summer 23

Hello

I wanted to share some of the birds that have been in my garden this week.

We have had, House Sparrow, Tree Sparrow, Great Tit, Collared Dove, Starling, Jackdaw and Pied Flycatcher (Sorry Pied Wagtail)  

I have recently been gifted my first pair of binoculars so watching them is much more enjoyable now. 

i will post some photos of what I’ve seen this week.

hope you enjoy 

Hol

• Would love to see a photo of your Pied Flycatcher that you had visit.
    It's always lovely watching the garden visitors

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

•  Hi Linda. I did get a picture of it after having seen it on the grass at the back I saw it on the front and managed to get a shot but it’s bad quality. I will post it for you to see if I can figure out how to add more pictures. Thank you

• Anytime you click reply just select use rich formatting under the reply button and you can add from there. Look forward to seeing more of your visitors

• Sorry pied wagtail.. I’m pretty new to this
  • Lol...we are all still learning and more often or not forget then need to learn again
    It's a great hobby to have though ;-)

• Hi all. 

Another busy day yesterday in the garden. The usual visitors, Sarlings (mostly juvenile, some have a few of their adult feathers coming through which looks really cool actually) great Tit, House sparrow, Tree sparrow, collard dove and also a Sparrowhawk! The little ones didn’t come back for about an hour after it had been. I was very surprised as I have never seen one before. 

I took a video of a Mother Tree Sparrow feeding her babies but the file was too big to post so I grabbed a couple of stills from it, I’ll post them below.

Today we had a Chaffinch visit so I have put out some Niger seeds as I wasn’t expecting finches until later in the year. Hopefully it will be back and I’ll try to get a photo. 

I have also changed a couple of the feeders as a trial - see how we get on.

Hol 

• If you want to post your videos on here then you need to upload to You Tube first to obtain the URL to post on here!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr