Ullswater diaries. Day 2. Part 7. RSPB St Bees head. Bitty finale, mostly land birdies

I am hoping this is a Rock Pipet. It's a Pipet thing, and it's on rocks, despite the nearby grassland.

It was doing Rock Pipet what Rock Pipets do, in this case, lurking around rocks near a viewing point.

Lots of wee birdies about, mostly moving too fast or lurking too far for a decent photo. I went for something that couldn't fly away - Thrift.

Lots of Thrift around, as well as Birdsfoot Trefoil

Flutterbys proved equally elusive.

This one was semi cooperative.

Lots of Cormorants around.

A Kestrel patrolled the entire length of coast of St Bees Head, but wasn't cooperative when it came to photography. Always moving fast. This is the best I managed.

Should be an entry in Fabulous fencepost. I assume this is a Skylark (ItsaRobbo to scrutinise). Quite a few around, always slightly too far away.

Now a profile view.

Cropping out.

Again, great assumptions on my part: a warbler type bird. Quite a way off, and backlit too boot.

Belting out the decibels.

Captions: Great Diva exhausted by a superlative performance? or I am so depressed? or Warbler version of Snoopy's vulture impression?

So endeth our first full day in north lakes area. A tremendous amount to see and enjoy, walking from St Bees to St Bees head and back. Also frustrating, in many ways. Birds knew Mr Paparazzi was about, and would fly off just as I got them in frame and in focus; often teasing me by flying just out of range.

Back to where we were staying for views like this. Hard life, what?

And this

90% luck, 5% field craft, 5% camera skills.