Idylic scene

Dunnock Singing his heart out

Shelduck

Rabbit

Male Chaffinch

Blackbird singing his heart out

Could be a reed or marsh warbler ?

Thats them all for today, hope you like them

• A good selection ILR, a great time of year for the bird song.

Not sure what the Warbler is, seems to have quite a white throat,
  • It may have been a short walk but it certainly was successful with your mystery warbler! (Reed IMO)
    Plenty wildlife around for you as always ILR....thanks for sharing
    I made it to garden centre and got soaked! Didn't stop me buying more plants though lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thanks SM yes I had three birds singing to me, first the Robin, then the Dunnock, and on the way back to the car the blackbird.
    I think as does Linda a reed warbler but we both want to know what the experts think ?
  • Thanks SM yes I had three birds singing to me, first the Robin, then the Dunnock, and on the way back to the car the blackbird.
    I think as does Linda a reed warbler but we both want to know what the experts think ?
  • Thanks Linda as always, I don’t know about buying more plants Linda with all the rain you get you need a good waterproof coat Lol. Considering the time I was there I was quite happy with what I saw. April has certainly been a great month for me l just hope May is as good. What I intend to do now is visit as many new reserves as I have in April and hope they bring the same rewards. I spoke to two guys while I was on my walk and one had traveled from Leicestershire and the other from Birmingham to see the delights Yorkshire has to offer in the way of wildlife. Although the guy from Birmingham had waited at one of the hides for nine hours to see a Kingfisher and only got one photo of one, now that’s dedication, with lots of patience and desire IMO. I couldn’t do that, I would prefer to walk for four and a half hours one day and the same the next day and hopefully see your birds that you see on a regular basis and a few surprises. But it wouldn’t be the same if we were all alike now would it.
  • Lol....when there is 20% plants I can't resist lol its all for the future of the wildlife ;-)
    APRIL has certainly been a good month for you ILR...9hrs wait for a Kingie nah that's not my idea of birding lol...fingers crossed you get travelling about and bring us lots of lovely pics of where you've been this month.
    I kicked May off in style with a visit to the Farne Islands...Will post later once I feel normal again...choppy waters for a 1st boat trip ain't a good idea lol

• Can’t wait to see all them Puffins and gannets, seals, and cormorants and the rest of the sea birds. I was lucky when I went the sea was quite calm. Having a day out tomorrow with a couple of pals somewhere in Lancashire, hopefully it will be good so watch this space. Keep your back straight Linda planting all those plants.
  • Only 2 gannets flying away from me lol but plenty of everything else's. Hope you have a good day out today.....plants look good in their pots for now lol

• The gannets will probably come back hopefully.
    On route now Linda should be there soon, motorway quiet for a change.