Garden Visitors

Last year for various reasons I didn't take many pictures but have just emptied the card in my compact camera, goes back to May 2022. 

Found two pics first taken in May and the second last week, both through windows.

I think it might be the same male due to similar markings between white and black wing markings. We also get less frequent visits from a female.

• Nice clear photos, and especially clear considering they were  taken through a window.

Are you contemplating taking more photos this year, it would be nice to see, and many compacts will take just as good a photo as a DSLR.

• Thanks Mike, I do have a canon D90 with 100-400mm MK II but due to surgery on left hand knuckles in March and then broken right wrist in May, it was all. too big and heavy to use plus we did not go out much due to other commitments, grandchildren, recovery, house decorating etc etc
    I do have some good pics from last year at Minsmere so might post them this week. I do intend to get out more this year as I need to get fitter and loose some weights time will tell.
  • Lovely to hear and see from you again Tony :o) As Mike says, nice shots... And looking forward to minsmere Grin
  • Tony T said:
    Thanks Mike, I do have a canon D90 with 100-400mm MK II but due to surgery on left hand knuckles in March and then broken right wrist in May, it was all. too big and heavy to use plus we did not go out much due to other commitments, grandchildren, recovery, house decorating etc etc

I do have some good pics from last year at Minsmere so might post them this week. I do intend to get out more this year as I need to get fitter and loose some weights time will tell.

I know what you mean regarding a DSLR vs compact while recovering from surgery.

Once I'd become a little more stable after having my leg rebuilt, I daren't use my DSLR for similar reasons, only using the compact until such time I was ready to take the chance.

You will when you're ready start using the DSLR again.