Took a sandwich out with me down the beach

Well thge sun was out and I thought a few pics would be nice.   

First of all on the river bank were these two

Nice to see a Redshank close by

Mr Crow glistening

Could be a Thrush, not sure

To finish an Egret, only Little so I included it's shadow :-)

Bye for now

Lot to learn

• Thanks for the photos, Gaynor, and it is great to see the black bunny is still there! And not forgetting the sandwich suggestions--not tried any of yours but as I love all of the ingredients, they all sound yummy--some ideas to try on any forthcoming dreary winter days...thanks. Can't beat Damson jam.

Kind regards, Ann

• Thanks Ann, this black bunny was in the field just off the beach, the previous I have posted were here in the fields around the house., no longer there I'm afraid, or maybe I am just not looking out at the right times.
    It's getting harder to find the Damson bushes these days, I had to do a mix this year with plum to make it worth making a few jars. I do rate it though, much nicer than shop bought.

Lot to learn

• Nah... not damson jam.... damson VODKA!!!!
  • I'll try that mix next year PB !!

Lot to learn

• Sorry. I have been very busy so I think I missed the post. This week on Thursday I found out Iv caught an infection so Iv been staying in and not going out and about but am takeing antibiotics and will hopefully make me better in a couple of days but once I’m better I will be going and about again. But cause I’m staying in Iv got more time and Iv seen your post. Iv been taking photos out my window when there’s a photo opportunity. Redwings turned up on a tree out my window at the end of January, Iv been seeing less and less on the tree out my window this month though which I think is interesting 

With your photos I think there very good . with the food I can’t find where it says about sandwiches on the post but I hope you enjoyed the trip.i exspeacialy like the egret but I’m just curious with the little egret where you said shadow did you mean reflection? I think the reflection of the egret in front of the egret is cooll. Well I don’t know if the water is cooll or not but you know what I mean.

• The sandwich is mentioned in the title Zo, not in the individual,posts

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Thanks. I think I got confused. I didnt quiet take the title in very well I only read down the beach and then looked at the post so After I looked at the photos I noticed the comments about sandwiches So I tryed to find where on the post it says about the sandwiches and I was mainly looking at the post itself where the photos are with writing and looking at the comments in response to the post to find out. Cause I thought it would of been on the post.
  • Shame that the black rabbit near your house is no longer there, Gaynor, but bunnies in the wild do not live long, sadly; unfortunately I cannot remember how long ago you posted photos of your field black bunny. Also, as you know, black rabbits are gorgeous but far more visible than the standard brown wild one, not necessarily leading to a long life!

As for Damson Vodka, PB, think I might prefer Damson Gin, the Damson version of Sloe Gin, although I do like a bit of Sloe Gin every now and then. Many years ago we went on a tour of the Plymouth Gin headquarters, That was great and included sniffing and tasting of the various plant ingredients used as flavouring for some of their gin as well as a taste of the end product at the end of the tour (but have only had the very occasional sip of Mr GB's homemade Sloe and other fruit gins since--luckily brother-in-law has Sloes growing on his property). And lest you think I drink a lot, I will just say that when I moved here many years ago I gave away all of the alcohol which had been left with me 2 years previously by a flatmate when they had moved away--I had not had any of it in the intervening 2 years!

Kind regards, Ann

• My Mum makes both Damson Vodka and Sloe Gin, the vodka never lasts long as she doesn't make much, but we have various vintages of Sloe Gin, syrup-ifying (probably not a word but hey, who's a lexicographer) and some is like a thick cough syrup...absolutely gorgeous!! Yum

• Marmite & cream cheese sandwiches. With a flask of tomato soup to dunk into.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmaaaameee...

(used to be my standard winter hillwalking fodder).