Took a sandwich out with me down the beach

Well thge sun was out and I thought a few pics would be nice.   

First of all on the river bank were these two

Nice to see a Redshank close by

Mr Crow glistening

Could be a Thrush, not sure

To finish an Egret, only Little so I included it's shadow :-)

Bye for now

Lot to learn

• Nice pictures Gaynor, to me doesn't look Thrush, shape and size? But I may well be talking nonsense. What did you have in your sandwich?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Oooh, you are brave Gaynor, hope it was warmer for you than it is here! Some really good pics there, great reflections too & the water looks good, thanks for sharing!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Well done for getting some sun. Good see black wabbit is still about. It all looks so peaceful. Your thrush is a Song Thrush - I like that you got both profiles

Cin J

• Thank you Catlady, my sandwich was my usual - cream cheese and jam, cheap and easy, sometimes it is marmite also dare I say!!! or even chutney, always cream cheese, no thinking necessary!!!

Wendy it wasn't too bad weather wise, a shower while I sat eating in the car, but then the sun shone., not too many birds around so I ventured up a lane and was accosted by the landowner, very pleasant really so I wasn't shown the gate, it was there I spotted the Thrush....

Caroline, I thought it was a Thrush but it sat on the ground so quietly looking over it's shoulder, as you say from both sides, but didn't turn around for me to see it's lovely speckled breast, then flew up into the hedge or tree, so I ambled away.

Lot to learn

• Cream Cheese and jam? In the same sandwich? Was about to say yeuchh, but then remembered I used to have a cheddar and strawberry jam sarnie when I got home from school, before tea lol
    Lovely little set, as we all say, it's always nice to get out :o)
  • Marmite! Scream

Marmite! Scream

Cream cheese with jam is fine, almost like pickle....

Any way, that looked a good  day out and the sun certainly shone for you. As I'm no expert, so you could probably put my guess as wrong, but I'm tempted to say your thrush is a song thrush looking at the chest markings, appearing very heart shaped.

I can never remember which has the heart shaped markings, but I seem to recall someone saying think of the thrush singing its heart out....

Whatever, lovely photos and thank you for sharing.

• How lovely to go a wee dawner doon the beach in winter with sunshine...am no too keen on your sandwich choice though! Lol
    Lovely pics Gaynor..I do love your Redshank.
    Back to a dusting of snow here with ice in top :-(

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• I must say the combination of cream cheese with, jam, marmite or pickle, Mmm, never had any? If you like it, that is what counts. Have had cream cheese and ham or smoked salmon.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Cream cheese and marmite fan here, (my girls always remember their granny making them sandwiches as their after school snack)- or ham or smoked salmon or cucumber are just as acceptable ... fresh white sandwich bread from a particular baker ( making my mouth water at the thought). Not done it with jam - this may need investigation

Cin J

• Making me laugh here all your reactions to the marmite sarnies, or not, you don't know what you are missing:-)

Isn't it funny what we remember from our early years., I remember Mum making butties with half marge and butter, and my sister hating it and insisting on butter. I remember her boyfriend coming for tea and spreading marmite thickly on the bread, making us all gape as we knew it was only supposed to be thinly spread!!! Anne was seven years older than me and poor thing had to put up with me spying on her with her various boyfriends!!!!! Sorry nothing to do with food or birds that one!!!

You must try jam and marmite Caroline, has to be home made jam though :-) Damson especially.

Lot to learn