Winters day walk

Yesterday was one of those special winter days - Cold, dry, clear blue sky and next to no wind.  (unlike today which was vile)

heading out from home there was frost on the car that created traditional finger patterns 

Puddles were well frozen

Bear posed in the sunshine - we were taking refuge in a field avoiding a small dog that had a bit of an issue with him 

Now my first bird might be a Marsh Harrier but it could also be the Black kite that is currently visiting the Island - I am slightly confused by this bird as there is some thought that it might be a bird lost from the UK but I can't see an trace of jesses, leg rings or the tracker it had in the photos or videos that locals have taken.  I'm very used to seeing our Buzzards and Mashies and something about the way this bird flew made me query what it might be but I wasn't fast enough for a really decent shot - but look at that sky - so blue 

Now some scenery and flowers! 

A confused patch of Red Campion 

Small flocks of Lapwing flew over and I had hoped there might be some in the field but nothing showing 

as we headed towards the conservation fields there was much more activity and I started hedge watching - Chilly Chat 

Hedge top Redwing 

OOOh distant solo Lapwing 

There were Thrush in the goat fields

Gorse in flower 

They will probably be working these fields in the new year 

winter lane 

A good for the soul day 

Cin J