Ham Wall.... In December.... In Sunshine

As the title suggests, me and Mrs PB took a trip to Ham Wall as the forecast was good, and coincided with joint days off.

As you may know, I've been bemoaning the lack of finches locally this autumn/winter so now I snap them when I can, and post them here however washed out they look lol

And I also snap all the warblers I see in the hope that one day their identification points might finally sink in... Chiffchaff based solely on time of year!?

From VP1 the vista opened up with loads of Lapwing, 3 or 4 distant Heron and Egrets, some corvids and a lot of different ducks

One of the Great White Sharkgrets deigned to come closer

Peering out from the tree, a nosey, noisy Dunnock

Unfortunately the Tor View Hide was closed, but the viewing screens were accessible for large numbers of coot and gadwall

There were a fair few Jenny's about, tsk'ing and generally shouting at us

And the Great Tits and Robins are obviously used to being fed by people, and wherever we wandered they weren't far away

Think this may be a first for me (can't remember without checking if it was Serin or Siskin we saw in Scotland... it's an age thing Fearful)

More warbler action

And I'm sure this is Mrs Blackbird, but I'm doubting myself coz of the white knickers!

As seems to happen quite frequently, recently... A gorgeous Kestrel popped up

Mrs PB decided it was too cold to be out, so we headed back to the car, and just by VP1 another Great White Egret stood magnificently...

Which was the precursor of the post Fish For Lunch

Hope you enjoyed the pics, and the flashes of blue sky... we've had a small smattering of the white stuff this morning, and it's bitterly cold so I hope the pics warm you up

Stay Safe All

• What better way to spend my birthday than with a fry up and some lovey sunny pics to browse through......you expect me to pic a favourite from that fabulous lot PB!?!?
    Oh you have mastered in-flight now!!!
    Kessie and Egret has to be standouts due to the lovely coloured backgrounds.
    It was -2 when I was out this morning insearch of one bird...did I get it? Lol
    Finches are all in my garden PB so no need to search for them ;-)

Thanks to you and Mrs PB for sharing ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thanks Linda, and happy birthday! I certainly haven't mastered in flight pics, I've got a whole sequence of the Kestrel flying by with beautifully focussed trees behind it lol. I think the egret is my favourite :o)

Feed the fiches up before sending some back south!!
  • Awesome pics PB, Kestrel, Siskin and G. Egret, but don't disregard the statuesque Robin, a stunner. I agree with Linda you are mastering the in flight photos - that Sharkgret is superb.

Lot to learn