A Walk Round Holes Bay, Poole

I thought I'd head to Holes Bay, for the very remote possibility one of the Isle of Wight White Tailed Eagles drifted over from further into Poole Harbour, and the likelihood of seeing some waders that I've not seen for a while. The light was variable, I'm still the error prone user of my camera, and some of the birds were pretty distant, Those are my excuses, and I'm sticking to them Smile

I started quite early, but as they say, the early Redshank catches the..... whatever they feed on!

Most likely a Blackwit, but both have been sighted recently around the bay area

There were a fair few Black Headed Gulls wheeling about

I'm guessing Redshank, but none of my books have the bright white trailing wing feathers so broad

Meadow Pipit, despite it being on the rocks, near the water!!

Honking overhead revealed the incoming Canada Geese

The sun started to peek through the misty cloudy atmosphere

Even by the water, you can rely on a Robin Relaxed

Some more Godwits, in the shadow of the railway line that splits Holes Bay in two

Munchy o'clock!

Mrs Teal on the wing

'Wit & 'Shanks!!

Could this possibly be a Yellowlegs (or some other "not a Redshank")? 3 or 4 times Redshanks came in and looked to force it away, in the brief time I was watching

Carrotbill

The path leads through into the woods of Upton Country park... some delicious fungus

A brief glimpse of a Jay... it couldn't have gone a yard further into the sunshine, could it??

Coal Tit rootling through the leaves

And Nutty doing the same, but the still attached leaves!

More yumminess!

Heading back towards the car, Curlew were a bit closer than before

And the Godwits appeared brighter in the morning sunshine

Suddenly, unexpectedly, out of nowhere

Right in by the shoreline, Common Sandpiper

The most common birds I think were Wigeon, as the sun shone brighter, their calls came across the bay louder and louder

And alongside them, several Teal

Suddenly as I crossed back over the bridge over the railway line, a cacophony of Caws, and a poor harassed Buzzard rose up

In the water was a low level Canada Goose... apparently they swim like this to avoid predators... so I wonder if the Buzzard was still about after I'd lost sight of it, but it stayed like this for several hundred yards

I can never resist a flying Maggie

And a final Oystercatcher to round off a 3 hour trundle around Holes Bay

Hope you like the trip, and just so you know, I reset to factory defaults on the shooting menu after this trip, so the iffy pics may be improved after the user has removed his influence from the setting menu!!

Thanks in advance for a wader corrections or confirmations.

Stay Safe All