Baby Vole

Found this little fella a couple months back on my morning jog. He was rolling on his back in the road surrounding a nature reserve area. I initially thought he was a baby mouse, but upon him being collected by an animal charity worker I was informed that he is actually a baby vole. He was later released back into the wild when old and strong enough to survive on his own. They were very careful to keep him 'wild' during nurturing, with little human contact.

• So after looking at previous posts I've realised that they all contain beautiful wildlife photography shots. I may be in the wrong place here, just wanted to share this little guy, as I thought he was pretty cute Sweat smile. Sorry I am new to this forum.
  • Thank you Andrea for sharing your post and welcome to the community, we are a friendly bunch on here and I am sure you would enjoy sharing your photos with like minded people who love nature, and sharing there photos.
  • Welcome to the community Andrea4790...your not in the wrong at all...well done for doing your bit for the Vole...its super cute ;-)
    Its a little quiet on here the now hence lack of replies so far but am sure everyone will adore your little,e guy when they see the post .

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Hi Andrea, and welcome aboard. That baby vole is so cute .. Blush. Well done for looking after it. Like you I would have thought it was a mouse, but I have never seen a vole. Thanks for sharing your photo ... Relaxed

• Hi Andrea and welcome to the forum from me too; glad to hear of the happy outcome for this young vole and you did the right thing in contacting the wildlife rescue so they could use their professional skills to take care of it and eventually release it back to the wild. Well done.

Regards, Hazel 

• Thank you for the replies, I was told that he went back into the wild 'very happy, very chunky, and very wild'. Ive never seen a vole myself either, just instantly thought mouse Sweat smile. The guy that collected him said that his massive feet gave it away that he was a vole, I had no clue!
  • Welcome from me up in the very far north of Scotland, in Caithness. Enjoy being here

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.