Baddesley Clinton Sunday 11th Sept

The forecast was for a sunny day, a trip to Baddesley Clinton seemed a good idea, plenty of benches around and about to sit on when I need to, also a very pleasant place to walk around, and just enjoy a change of scenery. I needed to break free, just as in that Queen song. I'm not doing too well with this not being able to walk far business, but it was a foggy day on the 11th September. Ok, I know, the opening line of the song Convoy GB was: "It was a foggy day on the sixth of May...."

Before I go any further, for our younger members, YouTube links to the two songs I've just mentioned, and memory joggers for the older ones who choose to forget....

Back to the day in question, the day was forecast to be sunny, but it couldn't have been much further from that, apart from showers, if it tried, so a quick wander to one of the nearby fields that adjoin Baddesley Clinton, and as hoped, the fields provided that autumnal misty atmosphere

Then it was around to the house, always picturesque no matter what the weather

and a view looking along the front of the house and along the moat

a couple more side views

The north side

It was getting close to the time the house opens its doors, and the resident jackdaw takes its place of duty on the chimney pot. This is an observation I've made this year, with the jackdaws having a nest within the eaves of the house, possibly two or more nests.....

My leg was starting to feel uncomfortable, and with not too many seats around the front of the house, it was time to wander to the Great Pool, where there are plenty of benches, all with good views across the Great Pool where I could sit and watch the ducks, wagtails and dragonflies.

A juvenile moorhen was slowly getting closer to me, so it was time to get the dook and swan pellets out. These pellets are designed for feeding to ducks and swans, with a plus, the pellets float on the water rather than sink, so its easier to watch these birds feed.

Just behind me, and along the one side of the Great Pool, there is a row of yew trees, and the berries are starting to take on that nice red sheen.

One of the resident grey wagtails was on the lily pads searching for insects...

but for most of the time, it was camera shy....

After a rest by the Great Pool, it was time to walk to the walled garden, which is well tended all yar through, and often full of butterflies, bees and many other insects.

A small white butterfly

Possibly a honeybee on an iceplant, corrections/confirmations as always gratefully received

Now, I'm not sure what plant this is, but the bees were loving it....

And nest building is still ongoing, for wood pigeons....

This nest in the wisteria on the walled garden wall, is still undergoing maintenance from the resident wood pigeons, collecting small twigs from a yew tree at the front of the house.

Checking the coast is clear before flying in to the nest

While watching the wood pigeon on its DiY program, a bluetit decided to check me out....

More honeybee activity, this time on the roses...

up close and not quite personal....

and away we go to the net flower....

now this seems a nice plant...

and off to another plants....

After yet another rest stop, it was head back to the car, but as the light seemed to be bringing out the autumnal colours on this oak tree, I just had to end the mornings photos sessions with a couple.

In other good news, a hospital visit the following day, confirmed I had no serious nasties like pyoderma gangrenosum (Wikipedia pyoderma gangrenosum), which can be very painful, debilitating and can take months, even years, to heal. Which also means I am currently receiving the right treatment, though it may, and most likely will need tweaking. 

The consultant knew two other consultants practicing yesterday morning, and asked if they could have a look as well whilst I was there, which while it made the day long, was a big bonus and helped to rule out many other nasties as well.

The next hospital consultation will be December, which should define exactly what is causing the problem and what treatment will be required, particularly around what type of compression will be required.