Dead wood pigeon

Hi guys 

A few months ago a sparrow hawk predated a wood pigeon out in my garden , because it never had chicks at the time the hawk kept returning for several days to have its fill until it finally carried the rest of the bird away . On a evening the hedge hogs even had a snack on the bird . This morning Ide woken up and it looks like a hawk had caught another one this time it took it straight away . Then half hour later a young wood pigeon flew into our patio doors and killed it self instantly , I did consider either  burying the dead bird or binning it . This has got me thinking whether I should just leave the dead bird in the middle of the garden for the wildlife ? . I also wondered if a sparrowhawk would eat a bird that is already dead  ? Do you think this is a bad idea ?
thanks in advance 

• Firstly, try and do something with your patio doors - possibly put stickers on the doors or objects around them as this will save birds from flying into them.

It's not your fault that a bird flew into your patio doors (of course) as many birds do do this, but you can do something to stop that happening again (hopefully).

Regarding the dead bird - it's fine (though, if not a bit gruesome) to leave the dead bird for others to scavenge as most birds will see an opportunity for food and take it, but you may also attract rats and pests so personally I'd give the poor fellow a decent burial (of some sort).
  • Yes I thought about the rats , although last time i did leave the sparrow hawk kill on my lawn I had my wildlife camera on it for approx 4 days and nights and only ever had hedge hogs eating it at night .
    Yeah I’m sick of these windows . Before we moved into the house there was the famous angel cross grease marks from pigeons all over the windows including upstairs and the kitchen . Since we have been in here we have had a load of bird stirikes ,
    So far 3 have been killed , one young gs woodpecker , one young great tit and this pigeon . I looked into stickers but the mrs is not happy about having stickers all over the windows as we get full sun and there would be shadows all over the house .and it’s not only the big windows it’s all of them , I think it’s the way the house faces the sun the windows just reflect the trees etc .
    Totally stuck with what to do .

thismis the latest strike Slight frown

• I find even when the roller blinds are down there is still a very good reflection of the garden and sky , I really fancied trying bird stickers or stripes but the mrs does not want to go down that route unfortunately . Fingers crossed when we get get our patio area done we’re looking into a awning from the house over it so hopefully that will help.

Anyway for an update I’ve put the pigeon out on the lawn with my wildlife camera out to see what fancies a bit of pigeon . .
    Thanks for all the ideas .