A Few From Yesterday's Walks

So we decided to enjoy the very last of the sun yesterday before the storm was due and visited 2 parks and a river...lots of walking...that's all my exercise done for the summer now....well you wouldn't want me out walking in the floods now would you? lol

Was rather quiet in all areas but here is what I saw by the river....

In a pond next to the river

Yep that was it...well a few of them fast flying swift things aswell heehaw chance of a pic of them!

Park no1 was a new one for us ....seems like it's home to all the SWANS and Coots!!

And a lovely wee starling

Then onto park No2 which had a little more activity with 2 Herons

Doesn't quite look right straight on lol

And them my favourite... Little Grebe to finish

Happy to say we made it home just before the 1st massive droplet of rain fell....its never stopped since..yeah yeah stop complaining Linda..I ain't actually because the rain has brought back....song thrush to the garden ;-)

Hope you enjoyed our walks and get your share of the rain very soon 

Thanks for looking ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Hi Linda,
    Thanks for sharing your splendid and relatively productive day out.
    Some lovely shots, especially the Moorhens and Heron.
    Not been out for a wander lately but our garden feeders at quite busy with a few Goldfinches and Greenfinches, lots Blue and Great Tits and too many Sparrows to count. Over the last week or so Long-tailed Tits have returned to the feeders and we even had a Treecreeper run up our Walnut Tree today, not seen one in the garden for years.
    As for rain there's only a 30% to 50% chance over the next couple days then dry again.
    Hopefully I've credited the right person this time.
    Trevor
  • Thanks Trevor...fingers crossed all my birds and new ones shall visit when I put the feeders put again...maybe late September.

Oh wow...a Treecreeper ....lovely visitor to get.

Fingers crossed the rain arrives sooner for yous
    Credit is ALL mine this time lol

• A lovely selection from your day out Linda. We had some thunder and lightning yesterday pm and was supposed to have heavy rain this pm, never arrived, yet!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Thanks CL.....Its never stopped raining here since last night....not that I am complaining....Will send you some up ;-)

• You did well to get out before the rain Linda, and you had a good selection of birds considering things are fairly quiet at the moment. I liked the Grey Waggie, haven't been able to get a shot of one yet, and the Coot and youngster too along with the Heron gave you plenty to see. It rained overnight here and we had sunshine again this afternoon, though will be cooler the rest of the week by the sound of things. I am away next week going to a Wedding, so it is bound to be wet and windy!!!

Lot to learn

• Some Fab Photos Linda, I loved the swans in flight, great in black and white,
    and the grey wagtail always nice to see, i also loved the the heron photo as its about to land in the lake.
    Lovely set of photos.
  • A good selection of photos Linda.

Park No1 could have been busy with being so close to the car park, easy food source as folk get out of their cars and think, awww lovely swans etc....

Yep, I do like a little grebe, fiesty little things they can be, and the way the parade around once they've caught a fish, before eating.....

Showers?

What showers?

I feel like we've slipped the otherside of the Equator in to the Sahara!

• Thanks Gaynor...Back to sitting in my summerhouse listening to the rain.....still not stopped.....hope you get a little dry weather for the wedding...enjoy ;-)

• Thanks ILR I think someone dropped a crumb somewhere and the swans took off to fight for it lol

• Thanks Mike...Park No1 was just a trail...10 mins down the motorway...was a nice walk but won't be back any time soon lol

SHOWERS!!! It's never blooming stooped .....my wee pond is just about to flood!!!
    My birds and foxes are in need of a hairdryer lol