A quiet day at Minsmere, but.....

I arrived at Minsmere at about 8.30 am and virtually had the place to myself to start with. On the path to the Sluice I spotted a lot small bird activity in some bushes, that turned out to be a family of Sedge Warblers, all showing well and for quite a few minutes and all just for me.

A couple of adults.

And a Young Sedge Warbler.

In with them a Reed Warbler.

Down in the dunes, a Stonechat with breakfast for his youngsters, he disappeared into the bush below his perch and came out without the Grasshopper.

Nearby possibly one of his youngsters from a previous nest.

At East Hide the only thing within range of the camera, a Sandwich Tern.

From the beach the Common Terns were heading out to sea fishing.

Unfortunately missed this time.

On the way back to the Visitor Centre, the Sedge Warblers again.

Down along Digger Alley, a Green-eyed Flower Bee.

Then another first, a Ruby-tailed Wasp or Jewel Wasp, it's only about 7mm or so long.

Al along Digger Alley there were Beewolves, often with their unfortunate cargo of a bee.

If anybody is following the Moving to Mirrorless thread, you may have read about Rolling Shutter Effect while using Electronic Shutter, some of following pictures show the effect with distorted wings, but not all.

Not sure what the little Fly is or what it was up to.

Off for another Bee.

A Grayling at the pond near the Visitor Centre.

After the obligatory Cheese Scone, back to Digger Alley.

Ruby-tailed Wasp again.

More Beewolf action.

A fairly hot and quite day, with long periods of not seeing much, punctuated with bursts of action, although if I had stayed on Digger Alley I could have taken pictures of Beewolves all day.

Best Wishes,

Trevor