The Young of 2022 share your photos here

Tried to find a thread for this years young so if there is one please point me in the right direction and I'll delete this one !        Last years thread for 2021 HERE

The Moorhen pair on our water garden now have hatchlings !

and just taken to the water for first time - or three of them did             Difficult to get photos as I had to lean right over the balcony 3 floors up. !!  

and one unhatched egg ....

both parents doing a sterling job 

Regards, Hazel 

• These pictures are Brilliant Hazel every photo tells a story.
    Hope your eyes are soon sorted and your out there with your camera once again
  • Great to see you posting again, Hazel! Hope that means you are pain free and recovering nicely from your ops. How does the forum look through shades or can you do without them indoors? Thanks for the sweet pics and I hope there is a way out of the pond, should Mrs Mally choose to take them away-- a board resting on the edge perhaps, as you would use to allow Hedgehogs to get out of a pond?! As you know, I love Mallards, especially the Mrs Mallies and any Mums with little ones--sooooo cute, and the Mums are usually so protective.

Kind regards, Ann

• Thanks all, now recovering from the two operations but the eye surgery was a breeze compared to the "undercarriage" op three weeks ago which was horrendous to be honest - and I consider myself a toughie ! Anyway, won't dwell on that nightmare lol but am a lot more comfortable and mostly pain free now. The 2nd operation of multifocal (Zeiss) lens replacement went really well (both cataracts removed and IOL lenses inserted in less than an hour) and my vision is improving each day - can already see well enough without glasses - Yay :) how much easier life should now be not having to juggle eyeglasses, binoculars, camera and there has been no discomfort during or after eye surgery; just 3 or 4 sets of eyedrops up to 4 times a day for a month ! small price to pay for a good result when my sight was so very poor. What amazing things they can do these days which are life changing to be honest. Not using the camera just yet as giving eyes a bit more time to heal but look forward to enjoying my bird watching again and photography :) I will have missed a lot of your posts during the last couple of months but its nice to be back again on the forum and can't wait to meet up with those who are coming up to Leighton Moss next month for some fun birding adventures ! Thanks again everyone, appreciate your kind comments.

Regards, Hazel 

• It’s great to have you back Hazel you have been missed so glad your on the mend
  •  Juvenile Goldfinch from this morning - it's all happening now!

• Good news on the bionic eyes Hazel we now know who to approach with i.d problems . I hope the other ops turn out successful for you too.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Finally I have something to add!!!!

Can always rely on a noisy Starling to show up ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thank you - it sat really nicely for me!
  • Great Tit fledgling from earlier today

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)