Odds & Sods 2022

It's probably an ideal time to start the 2022 Odds & Sods thread off, with some squabbling starlings....

To view the 2021 thread, click HERE

This pair of starlings were having a right old go at each other, whilst another nipped in to the coconut shell for a food

•         

four birds, one lizard and one chafer (that is two on the pic), which I never captured (yet saw) before.

• Great pics Mart, we only see the exotics occasionally here!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Hoopoe, Turtle Dove and Bee-Eater have all been seen on Portland in the last couple of weeks, I think... sadly, not by me :o(

I did, however, see a Wryneck there earlier this year Grinning

The photo's of all are superb, thanks Mart :o)

EDIT All been seen..... BRIEFLY lol

• Fantastic photos Mart, thanks for sharing

Regards, Hazel 

• Many thanks Wendy, Germain and Pimpernell
    I traveled to the very South- West corner of Germany, the Kaiserstuhl, near Freiburg, Switzerland and France to see them - and to drink some of the famous local wine :-)
  • Many thanks Hazel and "I love robins" and Cin J
    for your great compliments,
    :-))
  • Took a drive over to Burton Mere wetlands today and although there wasn't a great deal to see close up, it was still full of birds singing, blue and great tits feeding their young and a robin who stalked me in the hope I had some treats - which sadly I didn't.     Could hear Cetti's warblers everywhere and managed to spot 4 different ones flitting (as they do ! ) quickly between bushes making sure to hide down in the middle of the bush away from prying cameras !    it was still good to get a good walk in and the weather although bit overcast at times, still very pleasant to be out amongst nature.     sadly, photos are not brilliant, mostly distant shots, hard cropped ........apart from stalking robin. !!

We'll start with the robin who greeted me as soon as I got past the first screen ......  

"Hello Mrs ..........do you have any mealies for this poor starving, overworked robin ? "        

"are you sure you don't have any food on you "   ?

talk about making me feel guilty not having a single sunflower seed. !!     Normally I always have some bird food but the balcony birds had eaten every single mealworm before I came out.

he flew in front of me and landed on a rail staring right at me and then did his best expression showing disappointment  lol.    

a Dunnock kept an eye for passers by on the new'ish boardwalk extension.       

Mr & Mrs Linnet were at the top of the path by the seed field 

A male G.S. Woodpecker was trying to send a telegraph message with little success.  !

and stalking robin was still there.  !!  

Regards, Hazel 

• Brilliant photos and commentary Hazel, Love the photo of the dejected Robin which just goes to show you can please some of the birds some of the time but not all of the time especially if you forget the bird food. Lol